My 79 monte build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Freezing cold in the shop, but I have been bundling up and getting things done. Hopefully I will finish the rest of the mounts up soon, then it's back onto the rotisserie.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Put the doors on to line up the rocker panels. The panels aren't complete aftermarket, so I cut the ends off the originals and welded em on. Got a bench top blasting cabinet to help with small pieces like that, too much hassle to use the pressure pot on minor things.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Nice. It is cold as a witches tit here, so I haven't been doing any work. Just spending money and gathering parts. :D

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Yup the cold is sure a damper on the spirits. I got myself a propane heater and some fuzzy lined welding gloves. Some fleece lined jeans too, they're like the greatest pair of pants ever.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Got the rockers welded in. Attached the wheel well lip on the passengers side to the body, and put the lower quarter patch back on. Drivers side this weekend hopefully.

Everything is getting pretty beat up while working, putting the body on and off ect. Frame will need a good re-coating when I get the body off for the last time.

Carlola

Master Mechanic
Feb 5, 2011
Got the other wheel well finished from the inside. This one was a bit trickier, the outer part which I kept was half rotted, had to kind work the piece I fabbed up as I went.

Couple more things to do before I can put er back on the rotisserie and finish some welding underneath. Gotta pull the roof skin and do some work under there, also a good size rust hole at the base of the quarter window on the drivers side. Gonna have to peel the quarter panel off a bit around there so I can get some fresh metal in place. Also gonna weld the firewall closed. Still got the back 4 body mounts to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor