My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Damn, I just did it and I dont remember ! I do remember that the back trim can slide back and forth on the D pillars a little and I left the clips kinda loose until I got everything in the right place. Same with one side of the trim over the quarter glass. I put the plastic trim up first to hold up the rear section.

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Thank you Mich, I have to get the cargo floor in first though I believe. I don't want to scratch the freshly painted interior panels.

• Agree

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
No, it isn't. I have to paint it.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jim,
Definitely get the floor in before you put the side panels in. You'd be flirting with disaster otherwise.
Besides, the panels wouldn't fit into the lower channels without the floor being in place

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jack, I don't have the side panels in yet, just some of the uppers to hold the headliner in.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, I don't have the side panels in yet, just some of the uppers to hold the headliner in.
Oh, okay...you're fine then.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Jim, dont forget to take one of the tailgate cables off ! It makes it so much easier !
Thanks for that tip, I hate to have to do it since the bolts are are painted nice, but whatever it takes!

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Tonight I painted my steering column the same color grey as the dash. I had already sprayed it with Landau Black a couple of years ago and picked up a black Monte SS wheel.
The other day I was walking through the local yard and looked into a Caprice that Ive walked by countless times. It had this wheel in it. Its not a perfect match to the dash color but its really close so Im using it. I'll order the thin piece of trim from Mikes Montes tomorrow. I think the grey will look better than the black with the color of the seats.
IMG_1240.JPG

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor