My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
I'm glad I was able to help out a little, even if it was just for moral support. I could see that you pay extreme detail to a project. Everything looks so pristine...even more so than a new car. Nice work, my friend.

Thanks for the kind words Jack !
And yes, you did give quite a bit of info and moral support !
I guess I'll post a couple of the 81 now that I figured out how to do it !

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the kind words Jack !
And yes, you did give quite a bit of info and moral support !
I guess I'll post a couple of the 81 now that I figured out how to do it !
Mich,
I'm sure our members would be just as blown away by your '81 Malibu coupe..;)

As for the window channels, you did the best you could with what was available. You won't have to worry about them any longer...they're a done deal.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Mich,
I'm sure our members would be just as blown away by your '81 Malibu coupe..;)

As for the window channels, you did the best you could with what was available. You won't have to worry about them any longer...they're a done deal.

Posted up some of the 81 Jack ! Nothing new, just pictures that I sent to you over the past couple of years. Im just happy that its back on the ground !!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Looks great!

• Agree

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Looks Awesome! What color is that called?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Looks Awesome! What color is that called?

Thats a strange story. The original color was Light Fern Grey. For some reason the shop had a hard time coming up with the right mix the first time around and the color was way too green. Even using the camera. They had a rep come in and try to match it and this is the color that was the closest. Its a Nissan color called Jade Grey.
Its very close to the original color and it has the really fine flakes in the metallic. Odd thing was they had a hard time getting it right again when they decided to use the solvent based Glasurit.
I cant fault the shop though. The body shop supply had a hard time mixing the SEM paint for the interior too. In some light the panels look grey but inside a building they look green.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
IMG_0574.JPG
Thought some of you folks might like to see these. Today the left side interior panels went in along with the license plate well and tailgate panel. Tomorrow Im working on the left side door panels.
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Looks great! Looking forward to some more pictures.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor