My 83 Wagon

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Man that looks sharp. I like the rallies a lot better on yours than what I had on mine.
Do you know what the 3 holes across the back of your floor are for?
Mine has the same holes. I thought some one just drilled them?
Also is there supposed to be vinyl glued to the floor behind the back seat? tucked under the floor bolts.

Thanks for the compliment. As far as the three holes, I thought they were put in by the previous owner. They were for snaps that held the flexible carpet down. When I resprayed the floor over the weekend I filled all of them with a little dab of epoxy. No after seeing it finished I kinda regret doing it. I put a little too much on three of the holes and had to sand the nubs down because it didnt look right. In the process of doing that I guess I filled in the grain of the metal. Too late now. The new carpet will cover it.

Not sure about a piece of vinyl. My car had the same flexible carpet glued to the seat back and the other piece thats hinged to the floor.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Looking good.

What is that hinge thingy on the DS of the tailgate?

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Well I think mine had carpet originally and the screw holes are from the snaps I didn't know about.
I had a long strip of vinyl under the hinge that had be cut off. It appears that it was originally glued down to the floor behind the seat to hide the bare floor.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Im thinking you mean the bracket for the torsion rod ? Dont you have one on your wagon ?

Nope. I didn't even know it was thing until now. :(

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Nope. I didn't even know it was thing until now. :(

If you go looking for one just make sure the end that goes into that bracket isnt bent. The original one from my car got tweaked somehow at the body shop and it was binding up real bad. I was lucky to find one that was nice and straight.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
If you go looking for one just make sure the end that goes into that bracket isnt bent. The original one from my car got tweaked somehow at the body shop and it was binding up real bad. I was lucky to find one that was nice and straight.

Looks like I am on the hunt now. I do think that this part may not have been installed on my wagon from the factory(?).

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like I am on the hunt now. I do think that this part may not have been installed on my wagon from the factory(?).

My 78 wagon also does not have one. I never noticed till now. Im also going to be on the hunt lol.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Got a little more finished yesterday ! I would have sprayed the other two door panels but I ran out of SEM Soap. Picked up more today but its supposed to rain for the next few days.
Im really happy with the Presedio Grey compared to the old color. I think its going to look real nice with the Dove Grey carpet.
IMG_0839.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor