my battery wont charge !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
now is that 20min running or you turn it off and 20min later it won't charge?
since the motor was just swapped i'd make sure the grounds are hooked up. i have the main from the batt to the head, one on the back of the intake to the body, and one on the P/S to the frame, and 2 from the body to the batt.

just had alt anb batt re checked .. both are fine .. i grounded the motor myself lastnight .. mt charge light wont come on at all ? someone told me that i have to fix that for it to charge?

somethings drawing on the battery.
Had the same problem in the 84 cutlass calais I bought.
I never did find the gremlin because I voted to remove the interior, But I would deffinatly start testing all the live lines.

they tested it and there is no draw ... no voltage coming from the alt to the batt .. thats 0 vlts i have everything hooked up right .. and my charge batt light never comes on ? i can run my car and lights with the batery out so the alt is working .. its just not getting power to the battery .... whoever solves this problem i'll send you a box of cookies ! lol

Check the bulb. I am almost positive on some systems it wont let the alternator charge if the bulb is out.

thats exatly what i heard .. im trying to figure out what to do beacuse i know the bulb works ... but never comes on i cut the wire going from the alt to the bulb and put a ground to ti and the bulb goes on .. i take the ground off and the light goes out .... what that means i dont know .. but i know it means something lol .. is there something inline between the alt and the bulb that could be broke ?

Has the wiring on your car been hacked up at all? If it looks like someone rewired a bunch of stuff I am thinking their is a problem in the alternator wiring.

well the motor was swapped .. the alt wireing dont look bad cuz its just the plug and the power from battery right ? or am i missing something

I am not sure of this, but I have been looking at wiring diagrams and I am pretty sure there is supposed to be a resistor in the wire that goes to the gauge. Did they use the factory harness? Have you checked for continuity to the wire that goes to the light?

continuity ? dont want to sound stupid but .. what is that ? lol and im sure there is a resistor there but would you know where it would be ? and its the stock wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor