My Bu's "Re"Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well guy's I was hoping to show you some pics of the motor all buttoned up. I was gonna set the blower and carb on and get some shots of the motor on the stand but.........

How about some shots of it in the car instead :D Hope you like.
100_0602.jpg

100_0603.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0605.jpg

Now for the bad news. I'm almost too embaressed to admit it, but hey everyone makes mistakes. I had a friend come over to help push the engine in front of the car and then help me push the car under it after I put it on the hoist. I got in a bit of a hurry and forgot to put on the flexplate. :oops:
Oh well, all I need to get now is a dipstick and a radiator, fix my mistake then finish it up. Hopefully I will have a video for ya tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Looks great! Hey, everybody's made mistakes. I keep all mine in a folder marked: "Why I drink".

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Lue said:
Looking good Jrm81bu.. i really like how that grill, and light bezels turned out...

Thanks Lue, I'm pretty happy with them. I think they will look even better after I lose the amber turn signals.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Bonnewagon said:
Looks great! Hey, everybody's made mistakes. I keep all mine in a folder marked: "Why I drink".

:rofl: Nice!

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
do u have a video yet lol

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
87montecarlomrc said:
do u have a video yet lol

Sure don't! Unless you want an old one, lol. Motor is in and all hooked up, but a dead battery screwed me for the day :evil: . I didn't even get any pics yet. So hopefully tomorow I'll have some video,after the battery is on the charger overnight.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Can't wait to see the beast running!! 8)

So did you convert your edelbrock to blow-through style, or am I getting my super and turbocharger stuff mixed up?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
No, that's not a blow through set up. If I were runnung a turbo or a centrifugal supercharger(like procharger or vortech) then it would be a blow through. This is just a mini roots style supercharger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor