My Bu's "Re"Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My Bu's "Re"Build Thread-New Stuff 6/16

Went to a local cruise-in on Saturday. My camera stopped working after a few pics, so I didn't want to start a new thread for a couple pics. Hope you can enjoy what I did get, lol.

My boy really liked this Vette.
100_0717.jpg

And this thing is a beast!
100_0716.jpg

100_0715.jpg

I really wish I woulda got out there and got a better video of this.

And since my camera crapped out, a friend of mine took this with his phone. I was kinda disappointed with it, so I did alot better one when I came back but no video of that one, sorry.

Re: My Bu's "Re"Build Thread-Cruise-In pics and vid 6/22

i like all the work you've done to the bu and just finished checkin out all the pages of this build so far so good man. this makes me want to start up a build thread for my cutty

Thanks man! I say definetly go ahead and start one of your own.

Thanks! There is a possible change in powerplants coming. If it happens, i'll be sure to keep updating this.

I'm bringing this back from the dead for some updates. I know some of this is repeated in another thread but this will have more detail. Got some new rims, went with Coys C5's in black chrome. Fronts are 17x8 and the rears are 18x9.5. I'm gonna have to run spacers, the only backspace they had them in were 5.5. I had planned on running 225/50/17 in the front, since I have them, and bought some 285/40/18 for the rear. However, the rears did not pass the pre-ship inspection from where I bought them, so as of now I will be using 255/45/18, also because I have them.
I have some more stuff in the works so tire selection may change.
100_1337.jpg

100_1338.jpg

I've also managed to get all my paint needs, minus sandpaper. I already had silver, but really wanted black. After seling off some stuff, I had the money to get my black. I also got a deal on some mettallic clear, which i'm somewhat on the fence with right now. It will however get the purple pearl mixed in.
100_1336.jpg

100_1335.jpg

You may have also noticed, I have a couple gallons of fiberglass resin. Well i plan on cutting up this Honda hood(craigslist free score), and making a ram air hood for the Bu. My skills are limited so wish me luck.
100_1334.jpg

Then I also have some angle and flat aluminum that I think I can make into a new core support. I will post pics to all of these as I get work done. Now if the weather will cooperate I can get to work.

Re: My Bu's "Re"Build Thread-Updated 3/1/11

SWEET! I saw those wheels at the Pomona swap meet last year and fell in love with em. I wanna run em on my Bu when I get it...That hood mold will look killer on there bruh. I know you can handle it. Keep the updates comin!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
SWEET! I saw those wheels at the Pomona swap meet last year and fell in love with em. I wanna run em on my Bu when I get it...That hood mold will look killer on there bruh. I know you can handle it. Keep the updates comin!

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

Ya as soon as I seen them come out I knew they would be my next set. Thanks for having more faith in my abilities then I do, lol, i'm gonna need it.

Those are great lookin wheels. That will also be a mean looking hood when your done too, can't wait to see the progress

Got the new rims on the car. I'm real happy with how they look. I will get some better pics with the center caps on soon.

100_1347.jpg

100_1349.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor