My Dodge Truck Project (Cummins Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
great looking truck , but dang thats a lot of wiring hacks.
But I am sure you will correct them all.
I should go hug my 95 Chevy K2500 !

have you heard the joke ?

what do you call a pick up with a cap ?

wait for it .......

A shed.

no asking how I know.

Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Are you sure that isn't factory Dadge wiring🙃. Progress is good.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
This thing is going to teach you so many life lessons.

:popcorn:
I learned plenty with the Ferd.
great looking truck , but dang thats a lot of wiring hacks.
But I am sure you will correct them all.
I should go hug my 95 Chevy K2500 !

have you heard the joke ?

what do you call a pick up with a cap ?

wait for it .......

A shed.

no asking how I know.
Yeah there's no shortage of sketchy wiring. I'm just trying to get to the point where I feel comfortable walking away from it with the batteries still connected.

And the cap is going. I had one for my Ford and I always said I would use it someday but I never did. It just took up space behind the shed and looked ugly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I did some stuff today. Worked on making a harness for the voltage regulator.
20211103_194606.jpg

Decided to use a relay since I had one laying around. Mounted the relay next to the underhood fusebox. Tapped the trigger wire into the cigarette lighter like I planned to. I still have to zip tie and wrap some loom around stuff but everything is routed nicely and I used heat shrink connectors on everything and put marine heat shrink over top of them.
20211106_160652.jpg

20211106_160633.jpg

And I took a little road trip to Morgantown and picked up a couple parts. Some non California pieces since I'm gonna be unbolting the exhaust manifold anyways to replace the gaskets.
20211106_201045.jpg

Also snapped a picture of the shutoff solenoid I replaced. Just because.
20211106_200751.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So how much longer until you chop a hole in the bed for a 10" stack and start rolling coal on Priuses with the tow mirrors out (and no hitch) rocking the flat brim baseball cap?
That happens a lot in Saskatchewan, except maybe the flat brim hat. I'm not a truck guy because of how ridiculous these idiots look. Don't forget too big of tires, sticking way past the body with a 3 foot lift. I'm surprised there isn't more damaged paint with all our gravel roads. Oh wait, these aren't farm boys, these are town clown's, that never leave pavement😳.

Nov 4, 2012
So how much longer until you chop a hole in the bed for a 10" stack and start rolling coal on Priuses with the tow mirrors out (and no hitch) rocking the flat brim baseball cap?

Oh, its coming. Don't forget the starlit headliner.
squat1+1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
33°F this morning so it took a half hour of being plugged in and she still threw a fit but it did start. I was so relieved to finally see this-
20211107_120125.jpg

Also bought oil today. I'll get the fuel and oil filters later this week from the Mack dealer.
20211107_123811.jpg

Gonna need coolant too. I don't think these things need anything special but I can get Peak Final Charge through work pretty cheap so ill probably go with that. Who knows what is in it now.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor