My Dodge Truck Project (Cummins Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Tried to accomplish some stuff today. Tried.

Purchased an oil and fuel filter for it. Found Baldwin locally but next time I'm ordering Fleetguard online because these were stupid overpriced.

Changed the oil and oil filter and while it was draining I installed that relay for the heater grid. With daylight savings it was too dark to do the fuel filter so I planned on doing it tomorrow.
View attachment 186722
Started it up and quickly realized I made a rookie mistake- old oil filter gasket stuck to the housing. Double gasketed. Exxon Valdez.
View attachment 186721
It only ran maybe 30 seconds but it made an enormous mess. So I removed the filter, took off the second gasket and reinstalled it. I don't have enough oil on hand to fill it back up and I was kinda too pissed to keep going so I threw down all of the oil dry I had and shut the hood for the night. Didn't get to test the relay for the grid heater. Or do the fuel filter. I'll attempt the oil change sometime later this week when I'm less pissed at myself.
Wouldn't need the oil dry if you tossed a long wooden stick match to the oil.

Probably solve the other problems too.

• Haha
  • Indifferent
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Easy up, guys. He didn't say "kinda".

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
It's not a Suburban... therefore any argument is invalid. Kinda.
If it was a suburban you'd be ignoring everyone's advice and just buying thousands of dollars of unnecessary parts right now, cause apparently that is the way.

Also we'd get a couple hundred pages of thread and you'd delete it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Tried to accomplish some stuff today. Tried.

Purchased an oil and fuel filter for it. Found Baldwin locally but next time I'm ordering Fleetguard online because these were stupid overpriced.

Changed the oil and oil filter and while it was draining I installed that relay for the heater grid. With daylight savings it was too dark to do the fuel filter so I planned on doing it tomorrow.
View attachment 186722
Started it up and quickly realized I made a rookie mistake- old oil filter gasket stuck to the housing. Double gasketed. Exxon Valdez.
View attachment 186721
It only ran maybe 30 seconds but it made an enormous mess. So I removed the filter, took off the second gasket and reinstalled it. I don't have enough oil on hand to fill it back up and I was kinda too pissed to keep going so I threw down all of the oil dry I had and shut the hood for the night. Didn't get to test the relay for the grid heater. Or do the fuel filter. I'll attempt the oil change sometime later this week when I'm less pissed at myself.
Even a Dodge knows it needs Winter oil. Our weather has also been up and down but mostly surprisingly warm. We know crap is coming. I got free old stock 0W40 from work in my Dakota for the Winter. We pay $10+ per liter for good synthetic here regular price FYI.

Nov 4, 2012
If it was a suburban you'd be ignoring everyone's advice and just buying thousands of dollars of unnecessary parts right now, cause apparently that is the way.

Also we'd get a couple hundred pages of thread and you'd delete it.

Lmfao :ROFLMAO:

I'm planning on cleaning up my mess after work today. I have to go get some more oil dry and a few more gallons of oil. Sh*t happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor