Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Now WASH THAT SALT OFF and get her inside

Yeah it looks like was racing at the Bonneville salt flats right now. Not thrilled about it but not much I could do.

I got it inside but it is currently about 6°F and water will freeze before it leaves the hose so I won't get it hosed off till tomorrow or Sunday.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Pressure washer and hot water.

That would be the only method I'd use regardless, but it's just too damn cold. It's 6°F and the wind chill is -3°. The car is currently dry and salt is minimally corrosive below freezing temps so rather than get it wet and covered in warm water I'd rather let it stay dry until I can get it thoroughly rinsed off tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Haha, yeah. I didn't mean right this minute. Have a beer and rest up. It was a good day.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Can you hook a pressure washer right to a house water heater? Never considered that before. A poor man's hotsy.
Hey hey hey, we have a winner!

Throw a tarp in the bed of the f150. Fill it with hot water from the water heater. Go inside, grab a beer or 6, then head to the driveway and strip down, enjoy a nice soak

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012
Can you hook a pressure washer right to a house water heater? Never considered that before. A poor man's hotsy.

Yep. I do it frequently. I have a hot/cold spigot in the garage that I hook the hose to. Crank the hot water heater up to max and it works very well.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That begs for a Nailhead ya know?

I believe the true Buick guys felt about non-Nailhead 60’s Buicks about the way ck80 and you feel about LS swaps.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That begs for a Nailhead ya know?

I believe the true Buick guys felt about non-Nailhead 60’s Buicks about the way ck80 and you feel about LS swaps.
There's a small difference. A buick 350/455 is STILL a 'buick' powerplant.

And when you fire them up, any BUICK motor division designed motor still have a nice exhaust tone, not the sound of some 400 pound woman letting loose massive flatulence sitting in water (aka known as ls-fart-noise.)

Plus, you know, they're still real v8s.

The LS motor, on the other hand, is the transvestite of the GM motor world, but its no replacement for the Authentic man or woman... just like theres no replacement for. BuICK motor in a BUICK. But, if you're into the LS motors or transvestites things, well, there's also a segment of the population that's into both those things, so, to those communities, feel free to enjoy those of kindred spirits. ;)

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor