My Dodge Truck Project (Cummins Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I heard he found a Monte Carlo in Tulsa with a race engine. It's got a fresh cam but there's a garden hose tangled in the timing chain.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Nov 4, 2012
I heard he found a Monte Carlo in Tulsa with a race engine. It's got a fresh cam but there's a garden hose tangled in the timing chain.

Yeah but it smells like weed and there are some abnormally large fingernail clippings all over the interior...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Your generation has impossibly high standards.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Your generation has impossibly high standards.

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I did see that one. The red interior and the frame rust is a bit of a turn off. And I fear what is lurking behind those chrome rocker panel moldings. Worry not though, I've got something in the works that I think you guys will like. And no, it's not a tractor. Or a chainsaw. Or a Ford.
Red interior a turn off?

D00381FA-694E-4064-9FC1-7838CD156416.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I did see that one. The red interior and the frame rust is a bit of a turn off. And I fear what is lurking behind those chrome rocker panel moldings. Worry not though, I've got something in the works that I think you guys will like. And no, it's not a tractor. Or a chainsaw. Or a Ford.
Anyone notice he didn't say 'or a dodge' and 'or a 12-valve' is conspicuously absent as well?

Hmm...

As for that white car, if you zoom in you can see on both sides major rot on the fenders behind the tires (there's holes) and in front of the rear tires there's a dark jagged spot that's at least heavy rust but more likely rotted out?

It'd be a big step backwards from his last regal where the sheetmetal was more widely available. 78-80 stuff to match those body lines isn't as easily gotten, even more so when you figure little competition so quality can be meh.

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Nevermind, I figured it out...

Being the 25 year regs ran out on 1998 produced vehicles, and, the 1999 model year began 1998 production, joesregalproject is importing one of these:

1675331873590.png

The fact it was the ram1500 frame used under them means a 12 valve is an easy swap.

Checks all the boxes and ambiguities, including the sell-one-to-buy-another mentality...

And, yes, I agree with you. I approve this choice and want one myself.

• Haha

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Joe seems to always tackle challenges - this has his name all over it. Or perhaps a 2000'sh F-body with an LS1 that he can Buick swap? But I'm holding out for him to steal my concept of some type of weed wacker thread.

Whatever he decides, I'm eagerly anticipating .............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor