My Favorite Hot Rod Build (Non G Body)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike P

Master Mechanic
Aug 7, 2009
Arizona
With Christmas coming up shortly I thought I’d post the most rewarding build I’ve ever done to give some of you dads/granddads out there some ideas. It was done primarily with my oldest grandson, but his brother and sister also got in on the act. I’ve been building cars for almost 50 years now and this is by far my favorite build.

Here are some teaser pictures of what we started with to build the car .

Rather than fill the post up with a bunch of pictures and descriptions, it’s easier to just post the video of the build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpDLucM ... e=youtu.be

About half way thru the build the Grandkids mom came out to the shop and jokingly said “That looks dangerous”

My reply? “IT”S A HOT ROD…… it’s supposed to look dangerous”

Reactions: 1 user

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Great video and great build. You built some great memories for you and your grand kids. I just finished putting together a dirt bike with my oldest son. Got to spend some good quality garage time with him and teach him about how things work

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Somehow this slipped past me until this morning. Yet another very cool project out of your shop. It's great that you've been documenting this type of thing. Your grand kids will really value these as they grow older. Again, well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor