My first 350 4 bolt main with a few questions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf001

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
#1 I would like to know if the torque on my car right now with a 305 4 barrel is ok for the 350 ??

#2. i would like to know if the motor support on my 305 is the same then my 350 ??

305 carb will be too small. can work for now but work on another one. I think that was your question. also go ahead and replace the motor mounts for the poly. cheap insurance and maint. SBC mounts are SBC mounts. They will work but each brand style are not created equal.

If you mean torque converter, that will swap as well.

Wolf001 said:
#1 I would like to know if the torque on my car right now with a 305 4 barrel is ok for the 350 ??

#2. i would like to know if the motor support on my 305 is the same then my 350 ??

truck motor mount brackets are different from car motor mount brackets. if the motor came out of a truck use the brackets off the 305

ryanwitski said:
305 carb will be too small. can work for now but work on another one. I think that was your question. also go ahead and replace the motor mounts for the poly. cheap insurance and maint. SBC mounts are SBC mounts. They will work but each brand style are not created equal.

Carb will be fine..if its the stock 795cfm Q-jet...you just need to recalibrate the computer..otherwise it will run a touch on the lean side.

it's a 1979 Grand lemans, there's no computer. Thanks all for the advice, so, the torque converter will be fine ?? Good!

if I put a performer cam, the torque converter will be still good?? or I better swap right away by taking the one on the truck!

You don't want the torque converter from the truck. Keep the one you have now until you can buy an aftermarket one later. A performer cam is just a stock cam that is built well, nothing crazy or special about it.

The Performer cam will work with any low stall converter as it is designed to be all done by around 4500 RPM ( I don't care what Edlebrock says, that cam will be done by 4500 RPM). Run a high stall converter and you will probably go slower as it will not lock up low enough to take advantage of the torque curve of the engine.

If the carb is stock and original, it is a 600 CFM Quadrajet if it is a 4 barrel. It can easily be made into a 750 by grinding down the stop on the secondary air valve door to allow it to open fully. Either way would be fine with that cam.

thanks, i'ts my first v-8 and i'm not a mechanic. so I will have a tons of question in the winter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor