My first 350 4 bolt main with a few questions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you haven't already done it get an overhaul/rebuilding manual. i'm a mechanic and i referred to my haynes constantly. and i'll use it for the next build too. there are a lot of things you'll need right in front of you like torque specs, bearing specs, assemblt tips and tricks, ring mounting, proper break in procedures, ....

your talking about haynes manual!! Wich one I shoul buy, the one on g-body, or the one on chevy trucks because of the 4 bolt main, or both ??

i have 2, one for a monte carlo, and one just for rebuilding chevy v8's. the rebuilding book also has stuff on performance upgrades and how cams work, and porting. of course it's old so there was still stuff i had to look up like torque specs for a vortec intake, but you run into that no matter what with aftermarket stuff. for the aftermarket stuff the manufacturer usually tells you everything. like torque on ARP bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor