My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
One of our customers pulled up at work yesterday in an '89 F150 straight 6, 5 speed. Faded paint and surface rust but no rot. He brought it up from North Carolina. I was BSing with him, I said "nice truck!" He said "it's not as nice as that turquoise one over there."

He didn't know that turquoise one was mine. Had me guilt tripping pretty hard.

Ghrrrr... I don't like this.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I can't imagine swapping your truck for a late model plastic fantastic. Remember, the plastic fantastic will need upkeep too and won't ever be nearly as cool as the old one. Your truck has vent windows for crying out loud. Thats cool in of itself. If I ever replace my 08, it will be with something older, like a GMT 400 or a square body. I could also do a mid 80's Ford. I always thought Dad's 84 was a handsome truck....

20200628_135316_copy_2016x1134.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I can't imagine swapping your truck for a late model plastic fantastic. Remember, the plastic fantastic will need upkeep too and won't ever be nearly as cool as the old one. Your truck has vent windows for crying out loud. Thats cool in of itself. If I ever replace my 08, it will be with something older, like a GMT 400 or a square body. I could also do a mid 80's Ford. I always thought Dad's 84 was a handsome truck....

View attachment 161420

That's a sexy beast. I love the bullnose trucks.

There is just no easy decision. I'm emotionally and financially invested in this truck and it's "the devil I know". But I don't want to continue to be nickel and dimed by it. Of course as you mentioned, a new vehicle is also gonna need things.

But it's 70 degrees and we're a week into November so the weather has allowed me to keep driving it guilt free without putting it through the salt. I'm still intending on Fluid Filming it. And the Subaru is here should I really need it.

Rushed decisions are usually bad decisions so I'll sit on it and see.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
One of our customers pulled up at work yesterday in an '89 F150 straight 6, 5 speed. Faded paint and surface rust but no rot. He brought it up from North Carolina. I was BSing with him, I said "nice truck!" He said "it's not as nice as that turquoise one over there."

He didn't know that turquoise one was mine. Had me guilt tripping pretty hard.

Ghrrrr... I don't like this.
Shoulda traded him on the spot. You had your chance, and blew it!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Might be that way due to his line of work which could be an issue if he said something negative dispite it being a truth.
Is he working at a Dodge dealer? Then that I can understand. Otherwise, no reason unless all his customers are violent Dodge extremists😁.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Confidentiality agreement. Google can tell you anything you need to know. Not just Ram, they all have their issues if you poke around.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
Quite honestly my biggest fear with this truck is that one day I'm gonna hit a pothole and this is gonna happen-
FB_IMG_1604888170197.jpg
FB_IMG_1604888170197.jpg

If you recall my frame wasn't exactly the greatest starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor