My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I think Joe is still in his 20s so I wouldn't expect to see a topper on this truck any day soon.

Edit: guess I can delete this post now.

If people thought shaggin wagons were cool just think of all the fun that could be had in a covered 8 foot bed... :mrgreen:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Cap makes sense.

They are called 'Toppers' in my MN/Dakotas area
One of my buddies from ILL called one a 'camper shell'
My other buddy from SE of Pittsburg called it a 'cap' also

'Canopy' is a new one.

Not sure why they have an old man reputation.

When the movie Shooter came out the D250 they had with the spot lights up top solidified my want for one on any pickup I own. If I ever end up with a pickup its going to get a topper with spot lights on top. The fact I am in my 20's be damned.
1607309830746.png

1607310100772.png

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
Cap makes sense.

They are called 'Toppers' in my MN/Dakotas area
One of my buddies from ILL called one a 'camper shell'
My other buddy from SE of Pittsburg called it a 'cap' also

'Canopy' is a new one.

Not sure why they have an old man reputation.

When the movie Shooter came out the D250 they had with the spot lights up top solidified my want for one on any pickup I own. If I ever end up with a pickup its going to get a topper with spot lights on top. The fact I am in my 20's be damned. View attachment 163646
View attachment 163647

I actually like the look. A color matched cap looks classy IMO. But it just always seems to get in the way. Its too tall to pull it in the garage with the cap on, you cant dump dirt or mulch in it with a cap on, the tractor won't fit underneath of it, etc.

I have this idea that someday I'll fix it up nice and use it for a long camping trip, but I'm sure it'll never materialize. In the meantime, it's not hurting anything sitting behind the shed and it's not like used truck caps have any resale value.

Edit: interesting that the dodge from the movie has PA plates and has a front and rear plate. We don't have front plates in PA.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Got all the fluid film stuff together today and sprayed the living chit out of it. I laid it on thick but it was getting dark so I'll have to check tomorrow and see if I missed anywhere.

The bulk stuff is a lot easier to apply than the spray cans. It covers better, faster and seems to be less watery than the spray cans. I also sprayed the Cub Cadet and I probably have 3 gallons left.

It definitely has a smell to it...

IMG_20201207_122900926_copy_2137x1603.jpg
IMG_20201207_171715547_copy_2137x1603.jpg
IMG_20201207_171727865_copy_2137x1603.jpg

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Man, I don't love any vehicle enough to endure that aroma therapy.

B.T. Dubs, you got a couple T27 M5x24 self tapper Stihl side cover screws laying around you would part with? 2 rattled out, then my recoil pawl and spring decided to part ways. It's back together, but I need 2 screws.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

B.T. Dubs, you got a couple T27 M5x24 self tapper Stihl side cover screws laying around you would part with? 2 rattled out, then my recoil pawl and spring decided to part ways. It's back together, but I need 2 screws.
You should address him as "Mr. Stihl."

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012

Aromatherapy is a nice way of putting it. If I remember right, the bulk of the smell went away after a few days last time I had it done.

I didn't get any of the extensions or wands out tonight; I was running out of daylight, but later this week I'll have to get under it and touch up anywhere I missed and pull the body plugs and get inside all the cavities.

I'm not 100% sure if I have those screws or not, I'll take a look through my stihl parts pile tomorrow and see what I have. Ah, there is another project I still haven't gotten to. MS461, got it all put together with a bunch of new parts and it hasn't been in wood since.

20201008_162423.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor