My Ford Truck Project (And Other Projects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Got a good offer?

Sucks to see a nice one go but maybe it will free up time for the Regal ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Got a good offer?

Sucks to see a nice one go but maybe it will free up time for the Regal ;)

I got a good offer, paid in cash, no BS. Exchanged the title and swapped the keys in a matter of hours. I'm gonna miss it for sure. At the same time I feel like holding off any longer was just delaying the inevitable. It was a hard band aid to pull off, but it was time. I'd rather have sold it now while it's still got good inspection stickers for a few months than have to get it re-inspected (especially now that I can't do it myself) just to be able to sell it. I saved it from the scrapyard and got some use out of it which was my original goal, everything else was just added fun.

Hopefully now I can spend my time wrenching on the Regal instead of the truck all the time.

And I will be in the market for another truck. I don't know how long I'll wait to buy, just depends on what I come across I guess. I haven't the slightest clue what my next truck might be.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I got a good offer, paid in cash, no BS. Exchanged the title and swapped the keys in a matter of hours. I'm gonna miss it for sure. At the same time I feel like holding off any longer was just delaying the inevitable. It was a hard band aid to pull off, but it was time. I'd rather have sold it now while it's still got good inspection stickers for a few months than have to get it re-inspected (especially now that I can't do it myself) just to be able to sell it. I saved it from the scrapyard and got some use out of it which was my original goal, everything else was just added fun.

Hopefully now I can spend my time wrenching on the Regal instead of the truck all the time.

And I will be in the market for another truck. I don't know how long I'll wait to buy, just depends on what I come across I guess. I haven't the slightest clue what my next truck might be.

Something far, far away from where you live. This is the frame on my 98 after some scrubbing with a wire brush, zero scale. these trucks are out there but you have to look in the right places. Even the exhaust hardware comes out intact. Hell, I reused the factory u-bolts on this thing a few years ago! Growing up in the rust belt this was a level of clean I never dreamed possible, but for a good chunk of the country it's the norm.

Attachments

• 20181024_182204.jpg
    20181024_182204.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think you know you made the right call. You'll miss it for a while but you'll get over it. I've probably owned around 40 vehicles and really only regret selling 1 or 2.

Now, don't get in a hurry replacing it with another project. You have a Regal project. Remember that Regal?

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I think you know you made the right call. You'll miss it for a while but you'll get over it. I've probably owned around 40 vehicles and really only regret selling 1 or 2.

Now, don't get in a hurry replacing it with another project. You have a Regal project. Remember that Regal?
He needs a DR field and brush mower restoration project to ease the pain. Too soon?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
I was in the same boat on the wagon sale. Easy sale, fast, no BS and happy with the price.

Tough to see them go but should open up the driveway for something new!

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I think it goes a little deeper than the truck? If he gets rid of the truck, it will make dragging home lawnmowers harder!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Nov 4, 2012
Lmfao you guys are great. I think it was the right decision. The smooth, quick sale made it that much less painful.

I just got a cool (apparently somewhat rare?) snowblower that I haven't gotten to use yet so I have enough small engine to console me for a while. It doesn't need any work either. I do have a Husqvarna 562xp that still needs put back together in case I'm looking for a bench project... :mrgreen: I'm like a bad little kid.

I'll probably try to wrap up this thread and transfer it over to a search thread/new truck thread which I don't expect to be half as extensive. After all the goal is to consolidate the projects and stop sinking money into trucks.

I really appreciate everyone who followed along through this whole thread and supported my horrible blue oval affliction on a GM website. You guys are alright.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor