My Inheritance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just some ideas...

The Dynomax Ultrflo are supposed to be on the quieter end but with good flow.

Towards the bottom of this page, there is a chart comparing the various series of Flowmasters. The 60 series appears to be on the mild end of the spectrum. There is a video on muffler selection as well....

I have Borla on both my truck and my Roadmaster. They're pretty mellow. I like them...

An H pipe, if you have room, can help make it mellower.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Stock Gbody muffler is pretty quiet and good for ground clearance. Slight increase in backpressure should help low-end torque too. Just swipe it off the Century since you have it half way removed anyway. Win-win-win!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I am looking for quieter mufflers. What do you guys like, and recommend? I have a big block Chevy with Hooker headers, three inch duel exhaust with no cross over, and Flowmaster chamber mufflers. It sounds almost the same as it did with open headers. It is too loud for a street car. I roll into town and people are on the phone to the cops loud. Also I guess this happened after the car show. View attachment 184992 I didn't go to the actual show so I missed it. I did see a video of it happening. The guy was trying to show off doing a power slide, but did not have any wheel speed and started going too fast and lost it. Traction control is a b*tch I guess. The guy walked away, but put his wife in the hospital. That's what happens kids when you are stupid!

It just haaaaaad to be a Mustang didn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I used the flow master delta 44’s. It fit nice under the stock floor and was a bi improvement over the small mufflers on there.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I don't think my Monte is too loud with it's 4-1/2" exhaust with an H-pipe and Top 10 Two Chamber Race Flowmasters and 4" tail pipes but I am also running Vortex Cones inserted in the exit side of the mufflers and my side exit tail pipes aim towards the ground.
I actually get a lot of compliments on how it sounds.
OIP.WF3Y450BOH_WF_-vfu5SxAHaHa

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Just some ideas...

The Dynomax Ultrflo are supposed to be on the quieter end but with good flow.

Towards the bottom of this page, there is a chart comparing the various series of Flowmasters. The 60 series appears to be on the mild end of the spectrum. There is a video on muffler selection as well....

I have Borla on both my truck and my Roadmaster. They're pretty mellow. I like them...

An H pipe, if you have room, can help make it mellower.
Thanks for the info. I do like the sound of Borla's on high end cars.
I don't think my Monte is too loud with it's 4-1/2" exhaust with an H-pipe and Top 10 Two Chamber Race Flowmasters and 4" tail pipes but I am also running Vortex Cones inserted in the exit side of the mufflers and my side exit tail pipes aim towards the ground.
I actually get a lot of compliments on how it sounds.
OIP.WF3Y450BOH_WF_-vfu5SxAHaHa
Those cones look like a nice option. Really I like the sound of the car and I like open headers too, but it is too loud at 3000 rpm going down the highway. I bet those cones would bring it down a lot, but look restrictive. Do you think a H-pipe would make that much difference? I could add one relatively easy.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Those cones look like a nice option. Really I like the sound of the car and I like open headers too, but it is too loud at 3000 rpm going down the highway. I bet those cones would bring it down a lot, but look restrictive. Do you think a H-pipe would make that much difference? I could add one relatively easy.
For mine the H-pipe helped smooth out the sound a bit, I have a 4/7 swap cam that gives a little different sound.
The Vortex Cones actually have more open surface area than the opening they fit in and those definitely helped tone down my big, big block..

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
For mine the H-pipe helped smooth out the sound a bit, I have a 4/7 swap cam that gives a little different sound.
The Vortex Cones actually have more open surface area than the opening they fit in and those definitely helped tone down my big, big block..
I might try them, but they are not much cheaper than mufflers.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I might try them, but they are not much cheaper than mufflers.
Before I made my tailpipes I just had dumps before the axle, it sounded good but was too loud so when I made my tailpipes I wanted to add something to quiet it down a little more without changing the sound, I also considered these Car Chemistry inserts but decided to go with the cones.
cci-3di03r_xl.jpg

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Before I made my tailpipes I just had dumps before the axle, it sounded good but was too loud so when I made my tailpipes I wanted to add something to quiet it down a little more without changing the sound, I also considered these Car Chemistry inserts but decided to go with the cones.
cci-3di03r_xl.jpg
I think either of those would quite it down a lot. It would be like adding a muffler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor