My Inheritance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Glad to hear there wasn't too much party in the Party Pulley.
As much as I would love too put a much smaller pulley on, I am afraid I will be blowing up transmissions. I raced a GXP a week or so ago with a warmed up 5.3 in it. I was going 70 when he came up on me. I gave him the jump. I held even with him to well over 120 mph. Then he started to pull away.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I got my parts from Quick Performance this week. Today I loaded up the mess of parts and took them to work.
20201205_171252.jpg
It was kind of nice to work in the shop with no one around. I set it all up and got it first try. Preloads, back spacing, and gear mesh. The only hiccup was. I reused the spacers from the previous pinion. It felt ok. I put the seal in and put the yoke back on. It felt like I had too much preload on the pinion bearings. So I took it back apart and put a crush sleeve in. I found that the spacers were probably ok and the extra drag was from the pinion seal.
20201205_171300.jpg
Nine inch Ford's are a piece of cake. I would build one of those any day over a ten bolt! Tomorrow I plan on getting it installed.

Reactions: 6 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
A new pinion seal has concerned be before too. It amazing how much drag they create, but a used one creates almost none.

Looks like you’ve got a problem solved. Now onto the next lol. Keep it up !!!👍👍

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
A new pinion seal has concerned be before too. It amazing how much drag they create, but a used one creates almost none.

Looks like you’ve got a problem solved. Now onto the next lol. Keep it up !!!👍👍

Aren't rotational torque specs without the seal then? I've always measured with. Wonder how far off I've been.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Aren't rotational torque specs without the seal then? I've always measured with. Wonder how far off I've been.
With a new seal - ALOT. Ask me how I know.
Yes rotational torque specs are without the pinion seal and axles installed.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
With a new seal - ALOT. Ask me how I know.
Yes rotational torque specs are without the pinion seal and axles installed.

Just double checked my pics and it turns out my last check was with the old, leaking, wallered out seal so should be good to go.

Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I got the rear end all back together yesterday. I managed to smoke my face with the drive shaft. I could not pull it out of the transmission because of the hoop. The end was sitting on a jack stand. When I was bench pressing the center section up in place I knocked it off and it landed on my face splitting my lip. O what fun that was. On to the exhaust now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor