My Inheritance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
My favorite is when the 1/2" drive ratchet falls on my forehead. Yours sounds worse though.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
My favorite is when the 1/2" drive ratchet falls on my forehead. Yours sounds worse though.

One of the times I doubled up a couple of 21mm-ish wrenches and gave it the beans they both went flying. In this instance, one went down and the other disappeared. When it re-entered earth's orbit it came down on the back of my head. I don't recall being impressed by that at the time, but it sure would have been funny to witness.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I am a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, so that stuff is a daily occurrence. Today I soaked my sweatshirt in 15/40. I also spent 1000 bucks of someone else money because I am an idiot and so are they. Faulty wiring not operator error. 🤫

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I haven't posted in a while so.. I have been working on the exhaust a little bit here and there. I got the crooked header to pipe all figured out.
20201213_142537.jpg
It is a Jeg's kit I bought over ten years ago. Nothing fits quite like it should. I have the right side about done, but I am not happy with the tail pipe exit yet. Sorry no pictures of that yet. I can't believe how much the rear wheel wells suck on these cars. They are unibody, so there is not much you can do with out major construction. The shocks mount inside the wheel wells. Stupid! It is really hard to fit a bigger tire in there. I see some welding and modifying to the back of the car in years to come. I do need some pictures of Nova's if any one following along has one of these cars? I need a picture of the inside sale pannel and back dash. I have new replacements for the sail panels, but am not sure how they go on? It also looks like I am missing something under the rear bumper? There are mounting holes on the bottom of the bumper for something. I am also looking for the inside post trim if any one have them? My diesel pickup has been broke down for the last month. That has been keeping me busy and aniod. Truck would not start unless it was plugged in. Even when it was 60° out side. So I replaced the glow plug module. Still no go. I looked up the code and did some research. Found the injector drive module to be bad. I bought a half shell board. Here is where it is at.
20201215_204604.jpg
20201215_210554.jpg
It starts and runs now. There was a new code appeared. EGR back pressure sensor voltage. I found that the coolant hose had been rubbing on the sensor wires, and when I moved the over flow tank the last few strands of wire broke on one wire.
20201220_182908.jpg
I took the plug apart and soldered the wire back together. I am not really happy with that fix and will be replacing the pigtail soon. Then the battery light came on. Checked the alternator out. It is getting voltage to the exiter plug on both wires, so the alternator must have took a sh*t. I am waiting on parts now. I do this crap every day on construction equipment. It is not what I want to do with my free time. Once I get this pile of Ford sh*t done and I get my ambition back, I plan to hit the Nova project hard.

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
2007 6.0 diesel with 120000 miles.
We beg for those as opposed to newer V8 trash. That chassis sucks though.

They definitely never show up with a repair that consists of a single issue.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
We beg for those as opposed to newer V8 trash. That chassis sucks though.

They definitely never show up with a repair that consists of a single issue.
To be honest with you? "Cobbler kids have no shoes. " The check engine light has been on for a while. I don't work on it unless I have too. The truck sits more than it gets drove. I have not had any of the normal 6.0 problems that everyone is scared of. Turbo veins have stuck a couple of times. My problems have all been the ****ing brakes. I keep replacing calipers and slide mounts. The fuel mileage also sucks. That is the main reason we don't drive it more.
I thought 07 was borderline transition from 6.4 to 6.7?
Might be an 06? I can never remember. This was the change over period between the 6.0 to the 6.4. Same truck. Same problems, just not twin turbo. So it is not as fast, but pulls stuff good. My favorite truck is my Mom's 96 Chevy 3/4 ton two wheel drive pickup. 70000 miles Vortex 350 and 350 gears. Pulls good, gets good mileage, and is comfortable to drive.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah, I heard they made a lot of improvements when the 6.4 came out...in making it easier to get the cab off the chassis. :mrgreen:

Fummins?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor