Greasemonkey
Jul 27, 2007
KY
nice

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Made some filler panels today for some rusted out sections, one in the rear quarter panel and one on the a pillar and in the process of clamping it in place i wasnt paying attention and cracked my windshield. Oh well its only money whats another part to buy....
PICT0021-1.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Looks ok so far you might think about making a x brace for be hide the back seat like the gnx used will help keep it stiff.

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
The X brace is a good idea. I wouldn't cut down the glass. I would tint it. Arse end needs to come up a bit.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Does anyone have a pic of that brace? Also is there any sub frame connectors availible for these cars? I did one on a mustang years ago that went inside the car just in front of the back seat across the floor board.

montessaj

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Lampasas, Texas
Inside, if you look in behind the rear seat you will see to small openings and a brace in between them. The x braces are bars similar to fender braces that mount x style over both those wholes. GNX's came factory with them, they really stiffen the rear chasis up, that would probably be one of the best upgrades for the monte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor