My monte build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the subframes are already connected because it is body on frame construction. You can box the C channel to add rigidity, and X bracing the chassis from corner to corner of the C channel would add significantly to the car's rigidity.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Now that i have the ignition swithes done i started on the dash so i can get it back in the car. This is a pic of the dash after i removed the vinly from it. I am going to use expanding foam to fill in all the openings such as the defrost vents, ac vents, speaker holes. Then im going to start fiberglassing it.
glassing2.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Here's an idea for your dash: Since you will not be running any ventilation controls or ducts, why not cut off the little outcropping that the HVAC controls and radio go in, and then smooth it off? You could then move the radio higher in the dash to make it easier to reach. Plus, it would look cleaner too.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Yeah that crossed my mind but what im going to do is mold from that point out into a center console that will go all the way the the rear deck.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
Got my SS spoiler on today. Just need to see where the SS trunk is cut out for access to the two outer bolts.
spoiler1.jpg

spoiler.jpg

Dont mind the dip in the bumper im still working on that :oops:

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
are you going to put any emblems where the license plate used to be? It just look really plain and boring to me if you dont.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Yeah, there's nothing worse than stubble...

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
very cool project i haven't looked into this one in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor