My Weight Loss Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when they tested me for diabetes my cholesterol was in the perfect range and my sodium is just a bit lower than what they say is normal.and with my weight the doctor was sort of scratching his head why I would have diabetes..I take Gymnema Sylvester that controls blood sugar and when I'm not laid up with the flu or something I walk about 4 miles a day..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
damn, this thing is following me into next year...went in for the follow up on my chest x ray and it turns out in addition to the pneumonia I have fluid around the lung so I got to go back in the new year to get another x ray to see if it's cleared up.....oh well, great excuse for not helping anyone shovel snow...:)

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Shitty. Glad you seem in good spirits regardless Steve. Keep battling.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Steve,
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Hopefully the news will be better at (and before) your next examination. Hang in there buddy.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks guys, the doc wasn't too concerned about the fluid around the lung and was kinda surprised I didn't complain about the pain the fluid usually causes. I thought the pain was caused by the pneumonia so that's why I didn't say much when his diagnose was pneumonia a week ago. He said that if thought that there was fluid around the lung he probably would have hospitalized me so I'm glad I didn't mention to him how much the chest really bothered me a week ago... It's alot better now so I can catch up on all the work I was ducking, starting tomorrow of course....:)

Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Hey man, I can't believe I didn't read any of this thread before. Sorry to hear about you having a rough time lately. Glad to hear your chest isn't bothering you as much. I remember when my dad would get fluid on his lungs he'd have to go get it drained every so often. He would be in so much pain. I hate to see anybody suffering like that. I hope you keep feeling better and better. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks Opie, I suggested to my son that maybe he should move me down south for the winter to a nice warm dry climate and he offered me me a sleeping bag in front of his wood stove in the basement...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor