Nascar Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I haven't watched the cup cars or whatever they call them for the last 4 years or more, I like the Nationwide and Camping World Trucks and still watch them when I happen to see them on TV....I still have quite alot of friends in the local asphalt short tracks and would rather support those teams and tracks than what's on TV. Plus I usually get asked to help out on some team so my consulting fees turn into a meal and beer after the race...:)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I don't think radius on the wheel wells will be that bad. Cutting wheel, and rent one of those tools that bolts on the hub and lets you roll the quarters. They had quite a bit of flare on the grand national series cars. Another thing I'd consider is tucking the bumpers, Dave Marcis and Earnhardts cars had the bumpers raised up and shoved back into the header panel. Here are two clips from Dave Marcis' win with a Malibu

EL-Marcis-1-640x297.jpg
The King was driving a GP. Those were the days!

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Dale Earnhardt died. He was my hero. Then Pontiac dropped out. Then they let Toyota in. I tuned out. I used to love it.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I find it funny they got where mark martin is from wrong in that vid lol

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Agreed the sport has changed a lot for the worse. It will kind of be nice to have a car siting in my garage that reminds people of the better racing days. I forgot about the side exhaust ill have to add that to the list. Ill be running a 383 stroker with vortec heads and eldelbrock air gap intake. Going to dress it up as much like a race engine as I can. Now the tricky thing is going to be making this thing where I can occasionally take it out on the street. I want to race it a little bit maybe in some vintage races but we will see how that part goes

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
A side note I went to the Daytona 500 this year and they announced it was "sold out" but looked like a lot of empty seats to me. I think they forgot to mention when they are sold out the scalpers outside all had handfuls of tickets

Clarmo

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2016
Ottawa, Canada
I acquired a 1985 Monte SS with on a trade 12 years ago. It was black, tinted windows, lowered 2", 4.10 gear. The last guy kept the motor and wheels. It definitely had a hard life from the previous owners but looked great from 20 feet.
I installed a used, stock 5.7 Vortec with an intake and carb, New Black 15x8 Aero wheels with used BFG 275/60/15 on all 4 corners!
The thing looked Badass going down the road!!! I didn't have it 3 days and a young lad had to have it and gave me 6800.00 for the car. I didn't want to sell it but I only had 2800.00 invested.
Everyone loved the Nascar vibe, look of the car. I'm sure yours will get lots of attention!!!

Reactions: 1 user

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings 84dragcut & all; I want to thank you for posting the video's & info. How much NasCar history can you remember from late 70's & early 80's? What year did the "A-G" body's become eligible? And do you remember the #28 Le Mans prepared by Robert Yates that won the Busch Clash, sat on the pole & led all but the last two laps? What year 80 - 81? I was under the impression that Nascar out lawed the Malibu & Le Mans body soon after that race? I seem to remember something about the sloped back window being so much faster that it wasn't fair to the other brands & manufactures? Then of course the 84 - 85 Thunderbird arrive & just drive away from all the GM veridical back windowed want a be Cadillacs of the day. Anyway I'd better sign off before I make any of my fellow vertical back windowed "A-G" car brothers think I'm bias. Ole' Bob

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Ok how many of you guys watch Roadkill? well if you don't you need to. So the latest on my nascar Malibu I have taken an idea from the guys at Roadkill and am doing all the decals and cage and all just like the picture of the Malibu I posted earlier, however instead of lowering it down on Goodyears im going to lift it onto 32s and add a light bar under the grill and a light bar above the windshield.( latest episode Dirt Track Challenger) Now before everyone goes to hating it ill already be cutting the wheel wells to drop it down nascar style so really no change other then ill put HD cargo springs front and rear and use the same AERO 15 inch rim only with the 32 inch mud terrains on it. Offroad Nascar! Around my area there really isn't anything to do with a nascar replica except take it to car shows. Doing this I get to enjoy the car all around and take it to shows as well as do something different . Hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Dale Earnhardt died. He was my hero. Then Pontiac dropped out. Then they let Toyota in. I tuned out. I used to love it.

I remember the day Dale died - I was livid; I lost interest shortly thereafter.

#doitfordale

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor