Need a bit of advice/opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Two choices:

1) just burn a pile of money in the yard, and then flush a couple hundred a week down the toilet. It's about what you'll do after bringing that car home, but with fewer headaches.

2) search here in the rust free non-coastal southeast. Georgia, SC, NC. You'll get a running car with zero rust issues, just a dried out interior and sun baked paint. Underside will have bolts that come out like butter. You can pick one up for 2500 to 3500, pay for shipping home, and STILL come out ahead.

In no way shape or form should you buy that car however.

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
On the issue of his using his son as a translator, maybe the son is telling dad one thing and you another so that he can get himself a little money.
As you say though, elky's tend to cost more in your area. Have you thought about traveling to the west, or mid-west to buy one and drive it home?

Edit: I posted this before reading the above reply. Seems he and I are thinking alike, or at least similarly.

Reactions: 1 user

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
I'm not worried about the drug dealing he didn't strike me as a bad guy he was an older guy probably in his 60's. I'm 95% sure it's not stolen, Vin did match the title...

It really confuses me why he didn't get it swapped into his name... That's a really bonehead move.
if he never registered it it will still be in previous owners name should not be a problem if he provides bill of sale.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
2) search here in the rust free non-coastal southeast. Georgia, SC, NC. You'll get a running car with zero rust issues, just a dried out interior and sun baked paint. Underside will have bolts that come out like butter. You can pick one up for 2500 to 3500, pay for shipping home, and STILL come out ahead.

Nobody wants to hear that kind of sensibility

• Haha

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Nobody wants to hear that kind of sensibility
It's just as well, that way more project and parts cars for me without all kind of interlopers driving prices up and spiriting them away

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
sounds like a $1500 car to me. 8.5 rear, g-body rear? or some other gm 8.5 rear? as for the title and vin, run the numbers with the police, make sure its not reported stolen.
in the new covid19 economy, its no longer a $4500 car. its at best a $1500 car. anyone who pays his asking price is just laundering their drug money.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I would pass just because it is an El Camino.;)

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor