Need engine swap advice -1986 Monte Carlo Ls

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I was going to say FPR if keeping the stock fuel system or new tank, sender, etc if converting to mechanical. The stock V6 exhaust will bolt up to SBC manifolds?
He goes tbi stock fpr is fine. And if correct manifolds yup

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Here too...Im actually sitting on a TBI 350,from a dying B-Body.

pmoore4321

Greasemonkey
Dec 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
I have a 1990 C1500 pickup with a 350 I bought new. I parked it under a tree in south Texas before I went to college. It sat under the tree for 24 years. I got "curious" a few years ago and decided to see if it would run. I had to patch a few wires and replace the plug wires that the rats chewed. I cleaned the gas tank, blew the two injectors out with carb cleaner, and replaced the battery. Fired right up.

Reactions: 1 users

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Bout $500 max for the combo used
Judging by the fact someone disagreed with this sounds like they need to shop around. I hate Ls motors with a passion. Nothing I drive will have one. But....one perk of the Ls crazei s older motors have drastically dropped in price. In fact a good source for a used SBC and trans in good shape cheap is shops known for Ls swaps. Tend to have SBCs piled up

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I actually prefer TBI over vortec

If you're referring to the spider injectors, I agree.

I just had a great idea for my Vortec. I'll get the Jeg's carbureted intake to fit Vortec heads and then use an adapter plate to put the TBI on it. I'm sure I'll need a tune to run a larger cam though.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor