Need help to help a friend with a 442

Status
Not open for further replies.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Hi guys I'm trying to help a friend that has a complete rust bucket a 68 442 does anyone have any location with phone numbers that sell new or used replacement parts for this car so I can help him any info will be appreciated.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
85montanezSS said:
Hi guys I'm trying to help a friend that has a complete rust bucket a 68 442 does anyone have any location with phone numbers that sell new or used replacement parts for this car so I can help him any info will be appreciated.

This may sound a little harsh, but if you want to help your friend, teach him how to use Google. There are many, many Oldsmobile-specific sites and vendors on line.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
He has looked and some stuff he has found they want a lot of money for so I want to find out if anybody knows any salvage yards that might have good parts for his car or might know someone who has parts for sale for that year anyone can go on google but it doesn't mean you will find what you looking for so if you know any affordable places let me know so I can give the info to him.

Ecnes

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 22, 2009
85montanezSS said:
He has looked and some stuff he has found they want a lot of money for so I want to find out if anybody knows any salvage yards that might have good parts for his car or might know someone who has parts for sale for that year anyone can go on google but it doesn't mean you will find what you looking for so if you know any affordable places let me know so I can give the info to him.
well theres a salvage yard over here on the west coast called GM Sports in San Jose Ca they might have some stuff but idk if u wanna ship that far. heres the web site http://www.gmsportssalvage.com

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
85montanezSS said:

alot of times you get what you pay for and any cheap stuff you find there is usually a reason it's cheap...and affordable is a relative term..

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
Ecnes said:
85montanezSS said:
well theres a salvage yard over here on the west coast called GM Sports in San Jose Ca they might have some stuff but idk if u wanna ship that far. heres the web site http://www.gmsportssalvage.com

Thanks ill give him the web site.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
I am going to be scouting a couple big yards sometime in the near future once the weather breaks a bit (one in Watertown and one in Binghampton area), lots of old stuff, I can keep my eyes peeled for ya, don't know how rust free though.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
pontiacgp said:
85montanezSS said:

alot of times you get what you pay for and any cheap stuff you find there is usually a reason it's cheap...and affordable is a relative term..

Man if you see the crap he is trying to restore you will see why I'm trying to help him find some better parts to me any other part would be in better condition then the s@#t he has.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
85montanezSS said:
Man if you see the crap he is trying to restore you will see why I'm trying to help him find some better parts to me any other part would be in better condition then the s@#t he has.

I hate to say it, but if the car is really rusty, it's not going to be cost effective to repair it. I have this problem with my 79 ElCo. The sheet metal panels will cost more than I can buy a nice one for.

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
joe_padavano said:
85montanezSS said:

I hate to say it, but if the car is really rusty, it's not going to be cost effective to repair it. I have this problem with my 79 ElCo. The sheet metal panels will cost more than I can buy a nice one for.[/quote

Trust me I know he is looking at $15,000 to $25,000 to restore the body but he doesn't want to listen
He wants to restore himself so I'm not arguing with I'm going to just try to help find parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor