Need them carb guys and opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Yea hopefully I'll have two sets of slicks today from another guys switching to drag radials

Here is an article for you look at.

Went to drag radials this year and very happy with them (won't be going back)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Here is an article for you look at.

Went to drag radials this year and very happy with then (won't be going back

Why isn't this stickied that's pretty key information very good read

Reactions: 1 user

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Alright got the HP carb on and come to find out it's 830HP not a 850 carb ,got it on and feel alot more crisp ,smoother ,I put a 6.5 power valve both sides 80 jets front and back set the float levels .So went out and did some testing have to get fresh plugs to determine were my Jetting is at . Should I get rid of the thottle blades that have the holes in them or leave them ,car idles cleaner ,but runs the smoothest with screws turned in really far want this to be right

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Alright got the HP carb on and come to find out it's 830HP not a 850 carb ,got it on and feel alot more crisp ,smoother ,I put a 6.5 power valve both sides 80 jets front and back set the float levels .So went out and did some testing have to get fresh plugs to determine were my Jetting is at . Should I get rid of the thottle blades that have the holes in them or leave them ,car idles cleaner ,but runs the smoothest with screws turned in really far want this to be right
If it runs fine leave it alone. Screws all the way in show you’re trying to lean it out. Taking out the blades with the holes will make it fat.

Reactions: 1 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
why guess, get an A/F gauge with a wideband 02
Once I get a couple bucks together I am I did decide to change the blades real quick, 100% better idle is even better snappy as hell pulls more vacuum also ,I set all four transfer slots to .030 all four screws 2 turns out reached in hit the key and quickly started and idled great ,ran out of time so no test runs tonight

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor