Never ending project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
:D thanks guys!

Blake that was only a few minutes after I finished, had not even cleaned the gun yet, I should have opened the door while shooting tho :oops: trying to keep the heat in, I'm a cheapo that way

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I know how that goes... The shop I'm working at right now doesn't have a booth yet, and we've got eight box fans lined up in front of the garage door to help clear it out.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Blake442 said:
I know how that goes... The shop I'm working at right now doesn't have a booth yet, and we've got eight box fans lined up in front of the garage door to help clear it out.

Big Brother would be ALLLLLL over that around here. Used to be like that at my dad's hot rod shop

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah, here too, but it's a small town the shop is in, and we can get away with it for the scale of what we're doing... I don't approve of it, and I leave every time he paints, cause I don't need to be breathing those fumes while I work... I'm self destructive enough, I don't need him making it worse! :lol:

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Blake442 said:
Yeah, here too, but it's a small town the shop is in, and we can get away with it for the scale of what we're doing... I don't approve of it, and I leave every time he paints, cause I don't need to be breathing those fumes while I work... I'm self destructive enough, I don't need him making it worse! :lol:

Yea, there is no way I would stay and work in a active paint zone either

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
looks good I plan on painting mine black as well keep up the good work

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Thanks Slick!

Got the shop cleared out for Blake 8) , did some sanding and some rough buffing. I won't do any final buffing until after assembly and necessary touch ups are done. All things considered, I guess I will keep it.

DSCF0027.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0035.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Thanks, I'm just glad to have final color on something. I have been at this one a long time with engine,trans,frame repair,brake/fuel lines, suspension. it's good to see some pretty parts finally!

Next up, passenger doors and jams

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor