Never ending project

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
1982 Malibu wagon

305/700r4; 9" Ford posi 3.50:1 disk brakes; Hotchkis suspension; 12 front disks bla, bla,bla

I'm not smart enough to know when to stop!

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

brake.jpg

4.jpg

4_1.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
Sweet Wagon I am diggin the mods so far I can't wait to digg into mine like that but I have only had it a little over a month yours looks like mine just white lol

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Thanks slick,

I was going to drive mine more (wife wanted to)but it was not safe. It had very rusty brake and fuel lines, leaky exhaust, and it was rubbing the gas tank :shock: . I started some repairs and found more and more.......As I said before, I'm not smart enough to know when to stop.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
know the feeling I did that with my 64 chevy II, as far as my wagon goes it is 98% rust free as it came from az and only has 115k on the clock so I got lucky, good luck with yours

gmnut1972

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2008
spokane wa
Nice Job, Keep up the work

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Wow, I've never seen anyone do that much work to a wagon of this generation. You should send some pics to Car Craft and all the other magazines.

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
gmnut1972 said:
Nice Job, Keep up the work

Thanks gmnut, will post pix with the progress

supercrackerbox said:
Wow, I've never seen anyone do that much work to a wagon of this generation. You should send some pics to Car Craft and all the other magazines.

Thanks SCB!

Although I fully expect this to be a very nice ride, it is not being built to trailer queen standards that the mags like. It is being built to drive, be fun and dependable, also to be different than anyone else's. I would rather build one than buy one.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Looks real good. Got anymore pic's of the motor? What color/kinda paint did you use?

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
Blake442 said:
Lookin good.

Thanks Blake

midwestls said:
Looks real good. Got anymore pic's of the motor? What color/kinda paint did you use?

Thanks!
not any good ones, but I'll try to post some this evening. As for the paint, I was thinking that I used a high temp BBQ grill coating, but all I can find in the shop this morning is Dupli-Color 1200 ceramic satin black sooooo I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor