New build for Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
She's a beaute Clark. What engine is that? I like the pulley setup!

383 SBC, 10.5:1 comp, Callies crank, Engine Pro H beam rods, Icon pistons, AFR Heads, Crower Lifters, Scorpion rocker Arms (1:6 intake), Holley Terminator EFI w/ Dominator ECU, 2spd glide w/ full manual valve body and t-brake

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
I’m actually a lot further along than I have pictures. Like I said in my 1st post a lot of the parts from her race car are going into this build. So I already had all of the suspension needed but may make some changes. The car is riding a bit high. Will probably end up with drop spindles in the front and coil overs in the rear.

TRZ upper and lower CAs

TRZ Anti-roll bar

Trick Chassis ford 9” 3:73 gear

3shJNeq.jpg

GKqUEvL.jpg

1v8kXRZ.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Some progress on the car, added drop spindles in the front and going to coil overs in the rear. Aeromotive Stealth Pump and Tanks inc. tank. The car is going to the chassis shop next week to get the cage & anti-roll bar installed. About to spend a bunch of $ at ArizonaGN for their Vintage Air setup for a G body. Still cant believer Vintage Air does NOT make a kit for these cars.

ZvGwUSj.jpg

qeZFPA2.jpg

p0TCnwb.jpg

4beoqhM.jpg

0y7vEAb.jpg

KVhwi81.jpg

PhhCs6l.jpg

YVMOnKJ.jpg

oiBB2qZ.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Mike T

Greasemonkey
Mar 25, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
That is going to be an absolutely ripped ride when you get finished. Really fine work.

Attached is a computer Dyno Simulation on your engine. I took what information I could get from you posts, spent a couple of hours doing some research on line for specs and airflow data and then made a few assumptions based on personal experience. I am still learning some of the more advanced features of the program (its like being back in high-school chemistry) so it may not be exact, but it won't be far off. If I got any of the specs wrong let me know and I'll correct, rerun the Dyno and send it back to you.

BTW, the exhaust side of your cam card can't be right. It has conflicting data. You might want to get back with your supplier. I couldn't make the exhaust lifts work out right.

Attachments

• Davis C 383 SBC.pdf
    339.5 KB · Views: 463

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
That is going to be an absolutely ripped ride when you get finished. Really fine work.

Attached is a computer Dyno Simulation on your engine. I took what information I could get from you posts, spent a couple of hours doing some research on line for specs and airflow data and then made a few assumptions based on personal experience. I am still learning some of the more advanced features of the program (its like being back in high-school chemistry) so it may not be exact, but it won't be far off. If I got any of the specs wrong let me know and I'll correct, rerun the Dyno and send it back to you.

BTW, the exhaust side of your cam card can't be right. It has conflicting data. You might want to get back with your supplier. I couldn't make the exhaust lifts work out right.

Mike, Thanks for the info!!! It's a lot to take in, so I will need some time to go over all of the information. I will take a look at the cam specs again and contact Schneider Racing. What specifically was the issue with the exhaust #s? I want to ensure I ask the right questions.

It was interesting to see the estimated manifold pressure ratings, I've been sweating that a little (power brakes). I guess I'll hold off on buying a vacuum pump and res. (penny saved). If this little SBC makes those numbers Michelle will be stoked.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Just caught my own screw up, apparently I mixed up the rocker arms on cylinder #8 (see valve train pic above). Now I get to check them all again. I guess these pictures are for more than just showing off, lol. ;)

• Useful

Mike T

Greasemonkey
Mar 25, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
Cam lift on the spec sheet was .405/int & .435/ex In the Dyno program with the rest of the data entered, the Gross Valve Lift was .648/int & .653/ex. Your spec sheet says the Valve Lift will be .648/int & .638/ex. Even with different rocker ratios for intake and exhaust, the spec sheet doesn't look right on the exhaust lift.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Just caught my own screw up, apparently I mixed up the rocker arms on cylinder #8 (see valve train pic above). Now I get to check them all again. I guess these pictures are for more than just showing off, lol. ;)
Yup I saw that too. The rockers were mixed, and like Mike said the cam card doesn't match regardless of what rocker is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor