New guy 87 cutlass supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As Opie suggested....maybe start a build thread so everyone can follow along with the progress. The floor pans are readily available....be patient and it can look new when done!

Btw, there are some pretty awesome cutlass' being built, 'wink wink' lol!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. The floor replacement is doable, especially if you have an experienced welder to learn from. Goodmark and Sherman offer pans but it depends on how much you want/need to cut away. You need to pick the pan(s) and have them before you cut so you don't cut too much......
https://m.summitracing.com/search/part-type/floor-panels/year/1982/make/pontiac/model/grand-prix
This thread will provide some knowledge and inspiration on rust repair....
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/81-oldsmopile-g-body-rust-repair.55800/

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rican87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 23, 2017
As Opie suggested....maybe start a build thread so everyone can follow along with the progress. The floor pans are readily available....be patient and it can look new when done!

Btw, there are some pretty awesome cutlass' being built, 'wink wink' lol!
Lol I'm on page 11 of your thread. Looks awesome. Where do you find the time?

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Lol I'm on page 11 of your thread. Looks awesome. Where do you find the time?
Thanks man! As said, i bought it in '01. I did the carb sbc swap in '03 while single and plenty of $$$ to play with! It was converted to efi in july of '07. The full body off resto began in December of 2011.

With the huge help of my brother n law and a couple other friends, we got it to how it sits now...waiting to be reprimed, painted and cleared!
The first year or two into the resto we were pulling all nighters on the weekends to get the frame and engine bay mods done so we could paint the chassis, underbody, and engine bay.
After that, we would only get to work on it 1 day/week due to busy schedules. I went through a couple job transitions which slowed progress, but we never stopped. Some progress has always been happening whether it be getting parts prepped for paint, sourcing new goodies, etc.
The goal was to have it done by this august for a big show in september, but that's not gonna happen since my paint guy is working on another car. I'm also working on doing a twin turbo LS swap now which will take me a bit to get everything. The married life with kids and bills makes it way tougher, but it will get finished at some point!

Thanks for checking out the build thread, it's been a labor of love, some blood and anger at times, but well worth it!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor