new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

REALOLDS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2008
Benton KY
it still needs heads ported, my engine guy is a chevy guy and just really port matched the heads, but dyno'd at 563hp 560 ft lbs, there are better heads now than the edelbrocks but a good port job on these will add about 100 hp. in 442 it ran 11.34 @ 119 MPH before intake swap and no NOS, NOW other car is lighter so should be about 10.8 on motor

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
just checked out the pictures looks like a very good car you have on your hands there

REALOLDS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 3, 2008
Benton KY
nice car, your paint shines better, is it original ? mine is faded but original. I'd like to get it painted someday but I will expect perfection and hate to see the price on that. I like the air delete. I'm putting the air back on mine now since now it will be more of a driver than it was. I bought my 85 in 90 and it was a driver for a few years then its been a race - driver- project ever since. at one time it sat for 5 years while I had the body off the frame and building the stroker

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Thank you.
And no, it was painted sometime in the early '90's, I assume after it was hit (notice the chrome bumper) and it could use another paint job(at least in my opinion). I plan on painting it in the next 5 years or so. I'm a perfectionist too, but luckily I do restoration work, so at least I can have control over it by doing it myself, even if it does turn into a several year project, which I'm sure it will. Heck, just the underhood and half of underneath took just over 2 years. But that's with a good 6 month break each year cause winter makes it too cold to work in my tiny garage with no heat!
I don't miss the a/c, but usually the only times I ever drive it I have the T-tops off, so it doesn't really matter. It used to be my daily driver in the summer months when it still had the 307, and then a chevy 350, but this year with $4+ gas and the 455 poundin it down at 8 mpg, it kinda limited how much I drove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor