MALIBU What’s happening here now

ALSO!! Should I ignore this ?
Ignore everything Amazon says about fitment, they're wrong 90% of the time. They don't know jack about G Bodies or GM trucks, I can tell ya that much.

Ignore everything Amazon says about fitment, they're wrong 90% of the time. They don't know jack about G Bodies or GM trucks, I can tell ya that much.
Sweet_Johnny I couldn't agree more on that statement!! 99% of the time when it comes to parts I need that are not entirely exact part number for part number match to what I need, for example a water pump, or an alternator, etc.. when it comes to things like fittings, hoses, fasteners, etc.. I most always locate what I need from another web site (ie; OEM, RockAuto, 4Seasons, Dorman, etc) with more complete/reliable information about the specs, then I will search the specific part number on Amazon.

With A/C systems especially there are so many variations on the thread sizes, and fitting types used that it's crucial to do all the research before ordering it's a custom project.

Sometimes I'll use their "Check this part fits...tool" but so many times I'm looking for a oddball part that isn't necessarily for a specific year/make/model so I have to make a judgement call, or in some cases contact MFG. I've actually gotten replies to some very specific questions on some Dorman products within a day or two via email so that helps a great deal.

Good thing about Amazon is returns are incredibly easy most always if you get the wrong, or mis packaged part etc. A quick drop off at local Staples store and it's done. No shipping labels, repackaging they take care of it all.

Really gotta shop around for best vendor these days, it's amazing to me how far apart prices for the same exact part number item can be vastly different depending on the vendor/site.

Hi there. I had a closer look with a buddy. he seems to believe that the Ac coolant spit out of the back of the compressor. And I thought
It was that thingy I pointed out.

So the fluid, as I’m not educated with ac. I thought it was antifreeze. But it’s ac fluid with a tone that appears like fluid. And my anti freeze is yellow. So there’s that.
I will photograph the area that is most definitely where it’s coming from. But it’s the back of the compressor? Thanks dez
It looks like antifreeze because it likely has dye mixed in w/the required oil. The dye makes it easier to find potential leaks when a system leaks down/won't hold vacuum/pressure

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
It looks like antifreeze because it likely has dye mixed in w/the required oil. The dye makes it easier to find potential leaks when a system leaks down/won't hold vacuum/pressure
Thanks man. It been a journey with this ac. Thanks. Anyone want to challenge the Toggle switch that has been suggested to control my dual fan set up as the relationship between mt new component . That said she faded to warm. Should I put a fan switch in cabin. And remember to shut it off. Dez 🙆🏻‍♂️

Thanks man. It been a journey with this ac. Thanks. Anyone want to challenge the Toggle switch that has been suggested to control my dual fan set up as the relationship between mt new component . That said she faded to warm. Should I put a fan switch in cabin. And remember to shut it off. Dez 🙆🏻‍♂️
You answered your own question.

Toggle switches work fine but are a 'manual' feature vs. automatically working within set parameters. Manual activation/deactivation will/does require your full attention which can grow old for those used to the flexibility of modern automated functionality. Forget those fans @ the wrong time & it could lead to damaged components.

You answered your own question.

Toggle switches work fine but are a 'manual' feature vs. automatically working within set parameters. Manual activation/deactivation will/does require your full attention which can grow old for those used to the flexibility of modern automated functionality. Forget those fans @ the wrong time & it could lead to damaged components.
In so many words and you explain what I would need to operate a dual fan with a a compressor for my 79 coupe Malibu. I was told that a toggle switch was the only way to go. Is there a more modern hook up that would keep this fan on so the condenser remains on , as there is an over heating and shut down that causes the air to blow warm. Thanks DeS. Any education is most appreciated. As AC is not my strongest knowledge.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
In so many words and you explain what I would need to operate a dual fan with a a compressor for my 79 coupe Malibu. I was told that a toggle switch was the only way to go. Is there a more modern hook up that would keep this fan on so the condenser remains on , as there is an over heating and shut down that causes the air to blow warm. Thanks DeS. Any education is most appreciated. As AC is not my strongest knowledge.
This would be the automated bi-nary/tri-nary switches mentioned earlier in the responses & is how later model vehicles operate. The e-fans are activated/powered this way vs. a manual toggled 12v powered switch. *Current late model cars use the computer as part of the activation sequence as well.

The Bi-nary switch would turn the e-fan/s on any time the A/C is activated (has electrical power when the ignition is powered-up).
The Tri-nary switch would turn the e-fan/s on when the A/C is activated & excess head pressure is reached @ the switches spec'd level.

This would be the automated bi-nary/tri-nary switches mentioned earlier in the responses & is how later model vehicles operate. The e-fans are activated/powered this way vs. a manual toggled 12v powered switch. *Current late model cars use the computer as part of the activation sequence as well.

The Bi-nary switch would turn the e-fan/s on any time the A/C is activated (has electrical power when the ignition is powered-up).
The Tri-nary switch would turn the e-fan/s on when the A/C is activated & excess head pressure is reached @ the switches spec'd level.
Incredible information !!! Thanks. I remember the mention . I totally zonked. As no ac will do that in 93° in Boston’s traffic! 😩. Can this binary, Tannoury switch be purchased And is it hard to install? Thanks for the education. As I feverishly look up all this info Dez

Incredible information !!! Thanks. I remember the mention . I totally zonked. As no ac will do that in 93° in Boston’s traffic! 😩. Can this binary, Tannoury switch be purchased And is it hard to install? Thanks for the education. As I feverishly look up all this info Dez
Review '383_StealthRam's' post on PG.2 (#20) for good info/images.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor