New house

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Looking good!(y) You give me deck envy.........:giggle:
Looks like the roof/valley combo is gonna poop in front of your man door on the deck though

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Oh yeah I guarantee it will. We're putting snow bars on the roof to stop it from just dumping right in front of the door but it will still land on the deck. Don't plan on spending a lot of time out there in the winter though. LOL

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Sorry for the lack of updates. Been a little crazy. Things are moving along at a decent clip. I'm trying to keep all the subs busy, making sure they have all the needed items,. especially the electrician. Been picking up lights three days in a row. Somehow, even though I write a list, I still end up forgetting some. My stomach has been killing me, I think it's just because of the stress right at the end. Plumber has been MIA, isn't answering the phone. Walls keep getting scratched because no one is paying attention 😡 but overall it's going as good as a normal home construction LOL
Permanent front steps were installed today. Ceiling fan in living room installed. Bunch of others but my head is swimming and I need a break for the night.

IMG_20200219_170324.jpg

IMG_20200219_170338.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Sorry for the lack of updates. Been a little crazy. Things are moving along at a decent clip. I'm trying to keep all the subs busy, making sure they have all the needed items,. especially the electrician. Been picking up lights three days in a row. Somehow, even though I write a list, I still end up forgetting some. My stomach has been killing me, I think it's just because of the stress right at the end. Plumber has been MIA, isn't answering the phone. Walls keep getting scratched because no one is paying attention 😡 but overall it's going as good as a normal home construction LOL
Permanent front steps were installed today. Ceiling fan in living room installed. Bunch of others but my head is swimming and I need a break for the night.

View attachment 136673
View attachment 136674
Lookin about ready for TURNA to throw a rager soon. Nice work.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Here's the fishing rod room. Kind of hard to get a pic of all of it.

IMG_20200221_171812.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Here's the fishing rod room. Kind of hard to get a pic of all of it.

View attachment 136884
Looking good. So behind that wall is where the hidden passage way starts that goes down the corridor to the place where you would have the underground armory, if you did have an armory, had your boomsticks not fallen overboard while fishing. Gonna cover that opening with a sliding bookcase?

Tip: one of the biggest giveaways is an outwards swinging panel, wear shows on the floor. Much better to have it slide inwards into the opening, then off to the left along a track. No wear marks on the visible floor in the main room that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Looking good. So behind that wall is where the hidden passage way starts that goes down the corridor to the place where you would have the underground armory, if you did have an armory, had your boomsticks not fallen overboard while fishing. Gonna cover that opening with a sliding bookcase?

Tip: one of the biggest giveaways is an outwards swinging panel, wear shows on the floor. Much better to have it slide inwards into the opening, then off to the left along a track. No wear marks on the visible floor in the main room that way.
I would've never thought to have the door swing inwards to the right so as to hide the tracks. Nor would I have thought to disguise it as cubby and coat rack with three similar panels all looking identical. 😎

Reactions: 4 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Oh and the room itself is 10' x 7' with 12' ceilings.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I think you mean 10' x 7' with 10' ceilings and a 2' hidden loft attic as a fallback secondary storage for the saferoom. Find one? Maybe. Find both? Very very unlikely.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
He doesn't have to worry about marks on the floor! False ceiling won't mark the floor!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor