New member, First time gbody owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Cool car! Cool project! I agree with you, 8 cylinders is better than 6, especially when both are boosted. Thanks for saving that gem from the crusher!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
From one draw through car to another, welcome and I think you are making the better choice. I debated keeping my six or going ls. I am staying with the six cylinder only because the engine only has a few thousand miles on it and I want to be different. If you pull the engine pull the nock retard box out from under the dash and put it with the engine.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings from dirty Jersey I like it no matter what motor you run. I had no idea they were so rare I know of a blue one a red one and a silver one that were all crushed at the same yard in Northeast PA glad to see you are saving one

• Agree

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Bro. Sweet pickup but you could grab any old G-body and stuff a 400 in it. It's just too easy. You have a serious piece of rolling history there. I know those early 3.8 Turbo's are a pain in the butt, but you essentially have the pre Grant National right there, in factory black. The world would go crazy for that. It would explode in value if done right.

street sweeper

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2017
Central Indiana
Bro. Sweet pickup but you could grab any old G-body and stuff a 400 in it. It's just too easy. You have a serious piece of rolling history there. I know those early 3.8 Turbo's are a pain in the butt, but you essentially have the pre Grand National right there, in factory black. The world would go crazy for that.
I agree, if this car was mint. It is not. I am not the right person for that job. I cannot justify working on the draw through 6. It will be too much of a headache and cost to yield sub par results. I bought this vehicle to be a CHEAP, fun, rwd car that i can build as i go.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I agree, if this car was mint. It is not. I am not the right person for that job. I cannot justify working on the draw through 6. It will be too much of a headache and cost to yield sub par results. I bought this vehicle to be a CHEAP, fun, rwd car that i can build as i go.

Yeah I understand. As much of a rare GM geek as I am I don't think I could get one of those to run well enough that I would ever be happy with it. When you're done you will have a super unique looking car. You really don't see many of that year Regal anywhere in any condition.

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Hello,

Like the title states I am a new member to the forum and a new gbody owner. Recently picked up a 1979 Regal Sport Coupe.

It is definitely a project. But the frame is solid and the body is in pretty good shape considering i am in the mid west and it seems to be nothing on the bottom of cars around here can escape rust.

It is a turbo 3.8 with the draw through carb. But the turbo is blown and the transmission needs some work.

Plans for this summer/fall are to get the 3.8 and trans out and get a ls and th400 stabbed into it.

IMG_20170529_124920_667_zpsjw8qcmgj.jpg

IMG_20170529_204842_190_zps564wbcyb.jpg

0531171913a_zpsbqe6olnq.jpg
Welcome to the group from Ky. Looks sweet good luck wit your project.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor