New member with 1981 El Camino SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Camaro seats bolt up to gbody seat tracks and fit fine.
The 96 power driver seat took some fabbing. The front of the seat tracks didn’t line up, so I welded a piece of 1/8 X3/4 steel across the two front mounting holes and drilled to match the floor. My seats are leather from a car that was totaled in 97 with only 2,700 miles. I paid $500.00. Like I’m currently doing, you’ll have to paint either your entire interior to match the seats or paint the seats to match your interior. I chose my way because I had to replace all but 4 interior panels. In an Elco your talking roughly 30 pieces.

Havasutom

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 19, 2020
Lake Havasu City, AZ
The 96 power driver seat took some fabbing. The front of the seat tracks didn’t line up, so I welded a piece of 1/8 X3/4 steel across the two front mounting holes and drilled to match the floor. My seats are leather from a car that was totaled in 97 with only 2,700 miles. I paid $500.00. Like I’m currently doing, you’ll have to paint either your entire interior to match the seats or paint the seats to match your interior. I chose my way because I had to replace all but 4 interior panels. In an Elco your talking roughly 30 pieces.
Doug,
Thanks for all your information on the seat replacement. I’m currently looking for a set of Camero seats. Have a Happy New Year.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Doug,
Thanks for all your information on the seat replacement. I’m currently looking for a set of Camero seats. Have a Happy New Year.
If you have an autobody supply house near by that mixes SEM colors, they did it perfect match for mine. The console lid is painted

Attachments

• E44747E8-983B-4D7B-A0B9-F3520FB5B26C.jpeg
    E44747E8-983B-4D7B-A0B9-F3520FB5B26C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 109

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Welcome and good luck on the project. Not having to do bodywork is a huge bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor