New/old member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
My thoughts exactly! I've seen a couple Ford's in Chevy's and millions of Chevy's in Ford's, a ton of Coyote's in Fords but never a Coyote in a Chevy.

So my plans for the rest of the car are to carry over from what the intended plan was for the Foxbody Coyote swap, 16-1700hp, twin turbo, 6R80 trans, full creature comforts and power everything, brakes, windows, steering and best of all, A/C all while shooting for a potential upper 7sec ET while maintaining full street & drivability. I have decided to do a 10pt cage that will be 25.x upgradeable should I ever decide to go that direction with the car. My current TT Foxbody is super streetable, fun to drive, has power windows & mirrors manual brakes & steering, which isn't an issue, but no A/C. I just want something that is different that what everyone else has or is doing. Granted the car will not be all that different but the drivetrain that's in it certainly will be ;)

Any know of any clean & reasonable G Bodies in the west coast? Not too terribly worried about the paint being perfect, although it's a bonus if it is. I just want something that is rust free and has good bones to start with.

All that power and all the creature comforts, that's the way to do it! I'm a Chevy guy, I don't really keep up with Ford. How hard is it to get 1600hp out of a Coyote?

myfast70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2017
Sun City, AZ (Phoenix area)
I was always a Chevy/GM guy too then I got a Foxbody and the bug bit me. Still a Chevy guy at heart though! Well, just to give you an idea, I've built a couple 900+hp to the tire 2016 Mustangs for customers that are still running 100% stock engines with the exception of oil pump gears & timing gears as they are junk. Other than that the engines have not been opened at all. In fact, one of the guys his wife daily drives his mid 9 sec car to work 2-3 days a week.

To get the power that I'm after the block has to be sleeved, new rods & pistons, valve springs and that's about it. Factory cranks are good to about 2000hp and new ones can be had for the price of $300 shipped to your door!

I'll put a smile on your face, I'm building a 2100+ hp LSX into a 64 Ford Fairlane

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I can see if he still has it in his garage if he dose I'll get the information and some pictures it's a Jersey car but it's clean it was 1 oner when he got it and it's always been garaged

Reactions: 1 user

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Factory cranks are good to about 2000hp

That's just ridiculous! I guess Ford knew people were gonna throw boost at these engines.

What size turbos are you planning on using?

I'm building a 2100+ hp LSX into a 64 Ford Fairlane

Sweet. Big cubes or just a lot of boost? I'd love to see pics of that build.

• Agree

myfast70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2017
That's just ridiculous! I guess Ford knew people were gonna throw boost at these engines.

What size turbos are you planning on using?

Sweet. Big cubes or just a lot of boost? I'd love to see pics of that build.

I will be running a pair of Garrett Turbos for my car and one of them will be their new mirror image so I can go for that symmetrical look ;) My Coyote will be stock 302 displacement to keep the wall thickness up.

As far as the LSX, it will be 427CI with a pair of Garrett turbos on it. I'll have to post pics of what we've done for him so far, I think you'll like it!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well I can see if he still has it in his garage if he dose I'll get the information and some pictures it's a Jersey car but it's clean it was 1 oner when he got it and it's always been garaged
Sweet! Much appreciated!!
Ok I made a call and a few texts not only did he sell the car he sold the house sorry if I got your hopes up if I can I'll find out were it went and if I can come up with one I'll let you know

myfast70

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 15, 2017

Ok I made a call and a few texts not only did he sell the car he sold the house sorry if I got your hopes up if I can I'll find out were it went and if I can come up with one I'll let you know

Thanks for trying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor