New Radiator

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Is it OK to give an Attaboy to Classic Radiators from Islip Terrace NY? I purchased a replacement (Made in the USA) for my original 87SS that sprung leaks everywhere. They built it in one day shipped the next and I got it and installed with everything matching the OEM one. It was not cheap but I didn't have to adjust brackets, the inlet/outlet hoses sizes are correct. My OEM has a smaller inlet than outlet so I used my original hoses. The guy who I talked to answered all my questions as I wasn't sure which PN to get. It is a CR03620 with the drain on the passenger side. I strongly recommend them if you are looking for a replacement that is not aluminum with plastic tanks made in PRC!

Reactions: 5 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
:worthless:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX

Attachments

• PXL_20230830_183203025.jpg
    PXL_20230830_183203025.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: 1 user

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Abbey, I notice in your picture that the AC compressor in your 87 MCSS is not the usual OEM type. How and what did you have to do to convert to the one in your photo? Thanks.

2ABodies1FBody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 5, 2014
I'm not who you asked, but Dirty Dingo and others sell R4 to Sanden adapters

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Abbey, I notice in your picture that the AC compressor in your 87 MCSS is not the usual OEM type. How and what did you have to do to convert to the one in your photo? Thanks.
I bought the complete kit, from Classic Auto Air, that includes everything: evaporator, dryer, condenser, lines brackets and compressor. It was a perfect bolt in just under $1000

Attachments

• AsCompleted New System (4).jpg
    AsCompleted New System (4).jpg
    126 KB · Views: 56
  • AsCompleted New System (8).jpg
    AsCompleted New System (8).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 51

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
2As1F, thanks for the tip on sources for the R4-to-Sanden adapters. Do you know if hoses, etc. all need to be changed as Abbey described and got from Classic Auto Air?

Abbey, thanks for the info. For me here in Hawaii, AC is a critical creature comfort. Since I recently installed a new R4 compressor, dryer/receiver, condenser, and evaporator, I'll have to defer this upgrade for now.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
2As1F, thanks for the tip on sources for the R4-to-Sanden adapters. Do you know if hoses, etc. all need to be changed as Abbey described and got from Classic Auto Air?

Abbey, thanks for the info. For me here in Hawaii, AC is a critical creature comfort. Since I recently installed a new R4 compressor, dryer/receiver, condenser, and evaporator, I'll have to defer this upgrade for now.
I got tired of replacing the factory (rebuilt R4) compressor along with the pull vac and recharge. I found that rebuilds don't last in the TX heat!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor