New to the GBody forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandsstorm13

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2017
Summerville, South Carolina
Thought I'd post a little about myself and the Gbody car I have acquired luckily this past Feb. My name's Joe and have lived all over this great nation for the past 43 years. I recently bought a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic from a friend's father who had no idea what it was or how much it is worth. It was owned by one other individual who passed away from cancer 12 years ago. The car was sitting since then by the Ashley River in Charleston, South Carolina. It has suffered some minor body rusting from the brackish water but the engine is in great condition. I had to to a little minor repairs, such as the water pump, alternator, battery, and brake pads. Just the basic stuff. I am now trying to restore it to its full glory and very happy the condition every time I drive it. It has been a little frustrating to locate the right parts online and decided to join these forums and have been very helpful so far. I look forward to getting to know all of you gear heads and gaining the knowledge I need to get my beast running better than ever.

Reactions: 6 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Welcome from Canada! Lots of great info here. Post up some pics when you get a chance!

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

406 Monte

Greasemonkey
Jul 1, 2016
Minnesota
Welcome from Minnesota! You found an awesome forum with lots of great people and info. Sounds like a nice project. We love pics around here.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Welcome to the forum from AZ. Plenty of good info and folks here to help you with your build.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Welcome to this forum.

Please post some pics of your Cutlass - good or bad -we like them all.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard Joe.
Thank you for taking the time to start off with a proper introduction. I hope the site proves to be beneficial to you knowledge-wise....I'm sure it will.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Andebe

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2017
Indiana
Welcome from Indiana. You will find a ton of great info on this site.

• Agree

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
Welcome from Ga, I also have an 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic, and from your pic it's seems our colors match. Can't wait to see photos of new ride.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Welcome to the site from Houston. Let's see some pics of your ride!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor