New to the site, not to G/A bodies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
Hello all! Just found my way here trying to find some info on my newest ride, a 1981 Buick Century with a 265 Pontiac motor, 113,000 miles, all original. I just purchased it from the second owner who got it about a year ago from the original owner. It's an unmolested original car which I plan to do some mild upgrades to.

Between my wife and I, we've owned 12 G/A bodies at one time or another. Here's the rundown:

1981 Monte Landau, burgundy, 229 V6
1984 Monte, black, 229 V6 (swapped to a 350 sm. block)
1983 Monte, light blue, 229 V6
1978 Monte Landau w/T-tops, burgundy w/white top, 305 V8
1981 Malibu Wagon, dark blue, 229 V6
1983 Monte, cream, 229 V6
1984 Monte, burgundy, 305 V8
1983 Monte, yellow/black, 229 (street stock race car)
1981 Monte, cream/gold 2-tone, 229 V6
1981 Buick Century, cream/light brown 2-tone, 265 Pontiac V8
1982 Monte, redwood metallic, 229 V6 (swapped to 350, wife's car)
1982 Monte, cream, built 350 (originally 267 V8, wife's car)

I'll put up some pics of the new ride as soon as I can take 'em (and maybe a few of the old ones as well).

Cheers, glad to be here!

Aaron

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
Nice list of former cars there, you're certainly a fan of these cars! Cool that your wife is into G-bodies too. Seems my Regal is a hit and miss with most women that I know. Some like it but some think it an "old POS". :lol: Anyway, welcome!

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
hujass said:
Nice list of former cars there, you're certainly a fan of these cars! Cool that your wife is into G-bodies too. Seems my Regal is a hit and miss with most women that I know. Some like it but some think it an "old POS". :lol: Anyway, welcome!

Wasn't a bad collection, if I do say so. Even some times in between when I had other rides, they always seemed to drop out of the sky at the right time right in front of me! :lol: As for the wife, well, let's just say the first words to me were, "When do I get to take it out?" 8)

Cheers,
Aaron

BillyBalls

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 29, 2008
Philadelphia
hujass said:

i know what you mean. my ex gf never liked the regals i owned. she said that they are "pimp cars". well the pimp car lasted longer than she did.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site. i am also in the search for the girl who likes the cars as well

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
Little late but I just noticed that your Century had the little Pontiac V8. My first G Body, a 1981 Regal, had that engine. I had so much trouble trying to find anything about it, it was relatively rare, especially in a Buick. Quiet and smooth like nothing else, though. When I first got it, I kept messing up the starter motor because I thought it was dying at stoplights - turns out it was just that quiet and no vibrations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor