New user 86 Cutlass munci4 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
I am new to the forum so I thought I'd tell a little about my car. It's an 86 cutlass that's had alot of trany and motor swaps. The first thing I did was replace the stock trans when it went out.and the one I put in wasn't any better. So I decided to change it over to a four speed and let me tell u finding the right bellhousing and clutch fork was no easy task. To top it off I built a Pontiac 400 and installed it.alot of people told me it couldn't be done. They were wrong. I now have a sbc 383 munci M20 out of a 69 camero with a 12 bolt rearend in it. By far the best set up I've had in it. Hopefully the next step is suspension. But it'll have to wait.i m n the middle of buying a house but I'm finally going to have a garage. I'll post pics as soon as possible. Feel free to comment or ask questions.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Welcome!
Cool to see a Hoosier with a stick shift G-Body. 8)

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Thank you both for the welcome. Which part of indiana are you from? I am from around the tristate area(indiana ohio kentucky). My niehbor has a T A but its to new but i ll ask him about a subframe
It was a little bit of work changeing it over to a four speed, but it was the best thing i did. I ll ever go back to the automatic. Automatics are better at the strip but a stick is a blast on the street

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
86judge said:
Thank you both for the welcome. Which part of indiana are you from? I am from around the tristate area(indiana ohio kentucky). My niehbor has a T A but its to new but i ll ask him about a subframe
It was a little bit of work changeing it over to a four speed, but it was the best thing i did. I ll ever go back to the automatic. Automatics are better at the strip but a stick is a blast on the street

I'm from the opposite tri-state area. :lol: I'm Indiana/Michigan/Illinois.
I'm pretty interested in manual trans swaps and I actually plan on doing one myself. I've already started collecting parts and doing research. Gonna be a while before I can get around to it though.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
trying to post pics. cant figure it out. I m clicking on img button. but it just puts the words img in the post

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
86judge said:
trying to post pics. cant figure it out. I m clicking on img button. but it just puts the words img in the post
That's if you have an image on the internet. You put a web address in there like this:
[img.]http://blahblahblah-webaddress-blahblah[/img.] (excluding the periods I threw in the brackets)

To get stuff off your computer, start by typing out a new post. When you get to the typing screen, scroll down until you see a blue tab that says "Upload attachment." Click it. Then click the "Browse" button which should open a new window on your computer. After you select the picture you want off your computer, click "open." Then go back the "Browse" button and click the button next to it that says "Add the file." It should look like this:

Attachments

• tumblr_m54er8dyHk1rpqn0wo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m54er8dyHk1rpqn0wo1_1280.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 725

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Here is pic of shifter and console. The console is out of an s10 modified to fit.Still have to buy carpet

Attachments

• cut3.jpg
    cut3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 711
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor