New user new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
New to Buicks after just picking up a 1980 Buick Regal Somerset. Plan to keep the car interior and exterior original, but soon as the 4.9 dies or my money tree in the back yard grows a little I hope to drop in some muscle.

So now for some n00b questions.
#1 Will a Chevy 350 drop in without issue??
#2 What do I need to look for or plan for transmission wise??

Any and all advise welcome, thank you.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome aboard.

Doug

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
welcome aboard

since most guys use this just to bump their post count, i'll actually answer your question.

take a look at the engine thread and this topic in particular--

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=974

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
those colors look great together, i never seen that before. interior looks good too.
how many miles??

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
8TRAY said:
those colors look great together, i never seen that before. interior looks good too.
how many miles??

Well the miles or KM in this case (in Canada) are kinda unknown. The OD says 78800km, and the DMV(MTO in Canada) says 78800km how ever the guy I bought it from believes its rolled over once, so should be 178800km ...... but he was not the driver of the car, he was selling it for his dad who is in a nursing home.

So not 100% sure ...... you would think the DMV record accurate or a red flag would go up .... but I dont know ... hehehe.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Blake B said:
welcome aboard

since most guys use this just to bump their post count, i'll actually answer your question.

Really? People actually give a sh*t about their post count? They don't actually really mean to welcome a new guy to the group? Everyone here doesn't automatically know the answer to his question, and thus are just post counters?

Mind your manners Blake, you'll make and keep more friends that way. :twisted:

Welcome to the board ve, always good to see a fellow Canadian guy. Nice car!

Awesome! I just bumped my count 8)

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Well the miles or KM in this case (in Canada) are kinda unknown. The OD says 78800km, and the DMV(MTO in Canada) says 78800km how ever the guy I bought it from believes its rolled over once, so should be 178800km ...... but he was not the driver of the car, he was selling it for his dad who is in a nursing home.

So not 100% sure ...... you would think the DMV record accurate or a red flag would go up .... but I dont know ... hehehe.[/quote]

well from the pics, it looks pretty good. doesnt look to beaten at all.

yay! another post for me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor