Newbie need help with trim tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I literally had a post scheduled to post this morning on GBN related to this, maybe it will help some, but 69hurstolds pretty much laid it all out.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I literally had a post scheduled to post this morning on GBN related to this, maybe it will help some, but 69hurstolds pretty much laid it all out.

The Engine code is often the only way to tell if a car is, like in the above example a real H/O, or like the Monte Carlo SS, would have a 7 or G (depending on year) for the “High Output” version of the 305. The R code also signified the “high output” 307 for the later Olds 442 cars.

The above excerpted blurb stood out as something that's not exactly correct. The 350 was used in 1980 442 and was a code R. Code 9 was for later high output 307. This likely should read, as a suggestion:

The Engine code is often the only way to tell if a car is, like in the above example a real H/O, or like the Monte Carlo SS, would have a 7 or G (depending on year) for the “High Output” version of the 305. The R code also signified the “high output” 350 for the 1980 Olds 442 cars. Later 1983-84 Hurst/Olds and 1985-87 Olds 442 cars used engine code 9 for the "high-output" 307.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
You are absolutely correct, and I'm gonna go change that right now. I may or may not have written this in a hurry and then conveniently not edited everything like it should have been.

indecisive season 1 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor