No heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agamemnon

n00b
Jan 24, 2009
I have a wierd issue with my heater recently. When the temp slider is on the left side(cold), the air comes out normal and blows out strong when set to max fan. But when I slide the temp to the right(heat), the air flow is very weak and little heat. The air comes out luke warm at best.

This is for my 80 Malibu classic that has AC. Any help would be much appreciated. These cold Seattle mornings suck.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Does the fan sound like it is blowing on high when it is set on hot? I believe that the hot/cold air is controlled by a cable operated blend door. It sounds like that might be jammed or broke in some way.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
it's a problem with the doors inside the unit. it sounds like the external/cold air vent is working fine and closing when you go for heat, but the hot air door isn't opening properly.

Agamemnon

n00b
Jan 24, 2009
The fan motor does sound like it's blowing at max.

Is it possible to check the blend door without removing the dash?

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
not getting hot hot heat

would the water valve not make hot hot heat?

Cutty1

Master Mechanic
Nov 29, 2008
metro detroit
not getting hot hot heat

cause i get heat out the vents now but only like 2inch of air lets say blows out and it dont even warm up the car even driving for awhile.. i know i need to replace the high blower relay but why arent i gettin hot hot heat ? there's vacuum i hear it closing the door and opening, and switching doing what's suppose to ..

SV6 REGAL

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2006
Ont Canada
Is there a valve on the heater hose under the hood (out or in).On my Regal someone replace that controller with a on/off valve to let the heat go to the heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor