REGAL No holes for fender to core support braces? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Why? I grabbed some off an 86 Bonneville, and there are no holes in my Regal's fenders for the little nut clips. The two large holes on the core support are there, but nothing on the fenders. wtf.

Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Yep only Cutlass, LeMans , El Camino and Malibu’s. I think you could line them up on the core support and see where they hit the inner fenders and drill holes. I think you could slide athe clips behind to fasten it. You did grab the bolts and clips,right?
Tim

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Is your Regal one of those with the separate flat inner fender?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'd guess no holes because the inner panel adds rigidity already...at least in the engineer's mind.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
goodnews.jpg

I used some existing fender mount holes, and some spacers on the core side to bolt them down, but they're on!
But the damn hood wouldn't close! So I had to beat them with a hammer to get it to close. Oh well. I only paid 10 for em.

Yep only Cutlass, LeMans , El Camino and Malibu’s. I think you could line them up on the core support and see where they hit the inner fenders and drill holes. I think you could slide athe clips behind to fasten it. You did grab the bolts and clips,right?
Tim
Bolts and clips, yes. Along with some misc. fender, engine, and engine compartment bolts.
Did you grab the jounce bars? I’ve never seen a Regal with them from the factory.
Tim
I ran out of time, and forgot to bring my damn wrenches! I know which car has them though, and some elcos around there have them as well. Didn't see any with a GP bar though. Which, I guess makes sense. GP stands for Grand Prix... no?

Attachments

• braces1.jpg
    braces1.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 217
  • braces2.jpg
    braces2.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 198
  • braces3.jpg
    braces3.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 170

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
So to kinda wrap up this thread, if you have a Regal, you gonna have to bend some sh*t to make it work. Oh well.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
05193B07-A1F6-4259-8A00-071C84B80E70.jpeg
Mr. Sony,
Here is a pic of them installed on my Malibu. The braces should mount on the holes on the engine side of the core support. The other ends should mount just below the fender on the inner fender. I believe they would fit a lot better that way. timo22

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
And notice how the passenger side brace fits aling side the molded over flow tank on the Malibu. Your tank was made so that the bar fits.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor