Not Looking Good for Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thank you. But, we are holding it down. Don't really have any other options. Putting up hurricane shutters tomorrow and have the generator, gas, food, water, and guns in order. It's all in God's hands. We are about 20 miles from the southern tip of lake Okeechobee, and according to the experts just barely out of the flood zone. President Trump's infamous Mar Lago is about 17 miles east on the beach.

I'm hoping for the best for you....:)

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 7 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Man guys this is a crazy assed storm. We are in dev-con 1 mode getting ready. This is really a historic bad-assed storm and I wish all well. I also am ready to weather the storm here at the house. My biggest issue after making sure my family is safe is getting to work as I have a bunch of people depending on me to get their claims looked at and get them money. Storm is over twice the size of Andrew. I live in the boonies for a reason but access to the hard road could be tough. Have chainsaw and 4 wheeler though.
For those who decide to weather it.....I get it and wish you luck. I have worked on the outside on some pretty bad catastrophe stuff and most people don't know the power of wind, rain, trees falling on house and wind-blown debris becoming missiles.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Every time I look at the forecast it looks worse. People can't get out due to no fuel at many stations so I hope everyone finds a safe place to ride this hurricane out.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Looks like Florida is going to hit hard. Have friends in Bonita Springs, Naples, and Port Charlotte. All have left days ago and luckily have friends and relatives out of state. They are all retired and did not want to wait until it was too late to get out. With the gas shortage, clogged highways, food at the stores about gone, the stress level of many has to be unimaginable. Plus plywood and other supplies running out.

This is geared up to be a life changing storm for many down there. Hope all our forum members in the area remain safe and sound. The damage in Florida could be worse then Texas and terrifingly there are a few other hurricanes in the Atlantic. Very dangerous times for all our friends on the East Coast. Thoughts and prayers to all dealing with this horrible storm.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Hang in there friends in Florida. We're thinking about you all here in Houston.

Reactions: 7 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thoughts and prayers to all that will/may be affected.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
We were asked to come up to NY and stay with relatives, but even if we did decide to leave, the roads are clogged and gas is almost non-existent.
We're going to hang in there, batten down the hatches, and hope for the best.
I'm not by any means feeling complacent. This is going to be one scary storm.

• Optimistic

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
We were asked to come up to NY and stay with relatives, but even if we did decide to leave, the roads are clogged and gas is almost non-existent.
We're going to hang in there, batten down the hatches, and hope for the best.
I'm not by any means feeling complacent. This is going to be one scary storm.

Reading all the news reports at this point I don't think you have much of an option to leave. I think you'll be safer staying where you are so your not stuck some place with no protection. I hope the hurricane is not as bad as they predict and that it doesn't affect you, your family and neighbors too much.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Steve,
I'd rather not be tied up in traffic if I can help it...and besides, I think it's a little too late to start on a road trip. I'm sure many motels and hotels are booked solid.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor