notice anything strange about this cutlass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip66

Apprentice
Nov 26, 2007
I think its the way the light is molded in if you look at it from the conner light to the wheel it looks about right.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Looks like a wide angle lens on the camera, or something along those lines.

Looks to me like it had an electrical fire back there ??? :?:

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
1980's Lincoln Mark VII (Fox chassis). With the fake spare tire looking hump on the trunk lid. Just a guess, but I think it might be right.

Great minds think alike, cause that's what I thought too, as well as the Fox bodied Continental sedans. I literally looked for pics for over an hour of those cars and the only ones I found weren't the same, but I could only find the newer style of that platform, and didn't see any pics of the early ones.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Here's a Cardomain site on one that shows the rear: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/449926 I think it's a match.

4499260005_medium.jpg

Anyhow... time for some stinky, sticky clear coat to finish my mirrors... at 3:30am!

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Yeah, I say Mark7 also but WTF!?@#$%% Hummmmm..... maybe I can get some Neon headlights to fit my LS :roll: NO! I was kidding

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell the guy was talking about in the article. Definately not 442 rims, they have beauty rings on them. I think the trunk only looks stretched because of the angle of the shot, looks like they took out the quarter extension and put in a taillight from a wagon.

It reminded me of a Caddy tail light. Early 80's Seville maybe? Lincoln light I think would be too tall. But it does have a similar shape.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
rick48195 said:
I think it looks like crap so who cares what it is?

People like me who have no lives and instead enjoy showing off their anorak skills online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor