off G Body Question, 92 Olds 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Lookin for some idea's for my little bro. He has no lights ( parks, tails, dash, interior, ect...). Headlights(and hi beam), brake lights, turn signals and radio all work fine. It keeps blowing the fuse. He tried a new headlight switch, nothing. I'm pretty sure it's a short/wire somewhere grounding out. I live in ND where it's supposed to blizzard again this weekend with high's in the negatives. What do you guy's think where would be some good place's to start?? Anything else it could be? Thanks for any help/idea's you guy's have.
Matt

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
does anyone have a wiring diagram of the park/tail light circuit? Mitchell or All Data? Would be greatly appreciated.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Has the car been worked on lately? It sounds like a wire or connector is damaged somewhere. If anything has been done on the car, look in the area where the work was done and look for anything that is damaged.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
The only thing I am aware of is a new heater motor last week. I don't think there anything around there, is there?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
This happened to my Cutlass years ago, and it was a wire that had rubbed through on a steel bracket that holds the brake light switch. I had to take the dash out to find it. Needless to say, I was careful about the wire routing after I fixed it. I would look at the front running lights ( on without headlights) too and see if a wire is shorting behind them. They are on the same circuit.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I've had him check too behind the radio. I know there's illumination wire's back there and he does have an aftermarket stereo in it, but it's been in there for a few months now. He say it's fine though, I guess he is my little brother, maybe I should check myself....

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
I guess he just picked up a 99 Alero tonight with 80k and a 3.4. He's good. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor