OFF TO PAINT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
well all the body work is now done, it only consisted of some glaze in a few tiny spots... now i just need to get the wheel well chrome off and its off to paint. the boy wants to go with gm torrid red and paint everything grille, bumpers, all.
we also put some leather buckets in it, now all we have left is carpet, dash, headliner, s10 visors... and to paint and mount the new american racing vectors we got for it.. i will post pics asap.

THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! YOU HAVE ALL HELPED IN MANY WAYS YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THANKS AGAIN....

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Good luck, man! 8) I've never seen an elky all one color. Ought to be interesting.

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
This is the look he's going for.. this is not his

I say again this is not his... just a pict on google..

Attachments

• 100_1782.jpg
    100_1782.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 948

lg1200

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2011
man @tc1959 your elco is one cold *ss ride...that red and chrome is gleaming like a new set of veneers!

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
So its been awhile since the last post in here, sorry to keep you all waiting but a lot of things have come up in the last couple months and I never got off to paint.... well here we are today and a few color changes later ( im dealing with a 15 yr old) its done and here it is... only did a maaco job on it. cost me 420$ but good enough to hand over to a 16 yr old kid in 3 months.. let us know how you like the all blacked out look.

oh and it gets new wheels and tires tomorrow I post another picture....

Attachments

• new paint job.jpg
    new paint job.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 534

QS442

Master Mechanic
Sep 20, 2011
DE
DLooks good. What steps did you do to get the grill/trim all black. It looks solid. Did maaco do the trim/grill job also?

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
they were in descent shape to start, so I just made sure none of the chrome was flaking off, sanded them and I primed them with a self etching primer and kept them off the vehicle and had maaco spray them when I toke it in... I think it looks pretty good.. my son loves it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor